New Sorority! :d

Wildbetta said:
She'll be settling in. Also, I'd watch that Grey and Blue CT. I don't know how big she is but I see no eggspot and she looks almost identical to a "female" someone on a betta group I'm on bought which turned into an underdeveloped male. Just a warning, might be nothing but just a warning
smile.png
Also, I'd not add any more females to the tank - 10 gallons isn't ideally big enough for 5 female let alone any more. Just all advice, not trying to say "don't ever keep betta's" or "that grey and blue CT is male" just warnings and advice
smile.png

I disagree with this statement.  Normally on stocking I would agree but with female bettas in a sorority -- they work better a little "crowded" compared to other fish and situations.  A 10 gallon with just females and ghost shrimp could easily handle around 8 or so females.  From personal experience, my sororities always worked better "crowded" and I seen less fin/scale damage since no one female could really be singled out with so many of them there.  Just a personal observation and meaning no disrespect to your advice.  (there have been a little too many...dirt slinging...on here lately so wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstood.  
smile.png
  )

I would agree that females normally do betta(
wink.png
) crowded but I've always been told that 2x1x1ft is the minimum which is 12 UK gallons(well just under)
confused.gif
I have kept females myself, I had 3 females in a 3ft tank with other tank mates for a while. I also had 3 females in an 8 gallon which although not advisable it did work but that was because they lived with guppies and a few dithers. Also, I was told 8-10 females in a 15 gallon on this very forum... I have the thread somewhere
confused.gif

Edit: I was told 6-8 females in a 15 gallon and up to a max of 7 in a 2x1x1ft tank. These were at different times but here's the thread where I asked about the 15 gallon.
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/324909-hopefully-its-possible/

Paradise<3 said:
Another thing, your Red and White CT isn't part Dragon Scale. Just metallic which is a shiny version of normal.
I looked at her more closely today. At a quick glance she looked like a dragon, but actually looking she's just white with some red. The blue and gray ones have some red in them too.

nikkifro8994 said:
Another thing, your Red and White CT isn't part Dragon Scale. Just metallic which is a shiny version of normal.
I looked at her more closely today. At a quick glance she looked like a dragon, but actually looking she's just white with some red. The blue and gray ones have some red in them too.

Awesome :) I had a Dragon Scale girl. Absolutely loved her but when I shut my tank down my friend had her and she was bullied by Harlequin Rasboras and jumped the tank :(

Most reactions

Back