New shrimp tank

Sorry to hear you lost some fish due to excess shipping time. did they credit you for DOA?
I will get credited for the DOAs. The company has a guaranteed live delivery policy. USPS is so unreliable.

One of my female crayfish is berried. I will soon find out if orange dwarf Mexican crayfish are cannibals.

Addendum. Here is a photo of my berried female.

IMG_0461.jpeg

Well, I ordered 20 grade AA cherry shrimp from a place called The Shrimp Farm. CURTIS, THE OWNER, IS A VERY NICE GUY. The shipment was supposed to contain 14 females and six males. unfortunately instead of the shipment taking 2 to 3 days to arrive, it took 5 1/2 days. Four of the 20 shrimp were DOA. THE REMAINING SHRIMP ARE VERY STRESSED AND ARE COMPLETELY BROWN IN COLOR. I HAVE HEARD THAT it CAN TAKE A FEW WEEKS FOR THE CHERRY RED COLOR TO RE-EMERGE FOLLOWING A STRESSFUL DELIVERY. I HOPE SO.
Gwand, I had the same experience. I ordered 10 - 6 females, 4 males. The first shipment took 10 days. I had 4 that lived. I asked them to send the other 6 rather than refund, so they sent me 10 more. That one took 2 weeks to arrive.

It wasn't the Shrimp Farm- they shipped the order very timely. I think the distribution center in Bloomington IL is horrible. The first time the package sat there for 5 days before going on. The 2nd time it alegedly left the distribution center after 2 days of sitting there but disappeared for a week and a half between there and Georgia.

The guys at the Shrimp Farm are great and the shrimp are VERY red, but their USPS distribution center is garbage.

To compare, I ordered 20 cherry shrimp from a guy in CA off the Aqua Bid website. He shipped them Priority mail, same as the others, on Tuesday and I had the shrimp on Thursday. California is a lot further from me than Illinois.

Crazy. The ones from CA weren't nearly as red as the ones from Shrimp Farm, but they were all alive.

Gwand, I had the same experience. I ordered 10 - 6 females, 4 males. The first shipment took 10 days. I had 4 that lived. I asked them to send the other 6 rather than refund, so they sent me 10 more. That one took 2 weeks to arrive.

It wasn't the Shrimp Farm- they shipped the order very timely. I think the distribution center in Bloomington IL is horrible. The first time the package sat there for 5 days before going on. The 2nd time it alegedly left the distribution center after 2 days of sitting there but disappeared for a week and a half between there and Georgia.

The guys at the Shrimp Farm are great and the shrimp are VERY red, but their USPS distribution center is garbage.

To compare, I ordered 20 cherry shrimp from a guy in CA off the Aqua Bid website. He shipped them Priority mail, same as the others, on Tuesday and I had the shrimp on Thursday. California is a lot further from me than Illinois.

Crazy. The ones from CA weren't nearly as red as the ones from Shrimp Farm, but they were all alive.
Next time I’m ordering UPS second day air.

Addendum. Here is a photo of my berried female.

View attachment 337468
So exciting! I recently bought a 2nd dwarf crayfish, but after 2 weeks it died. The original one is still going strong. I'm going to see if I can get another. Hopefully I'll sex them right and get some little ones too- I'm very interested to see how yours does.

Shrimps are a little like birds, they don't like to "fly" all the time. If they have perches everywhere, they are going to use them.
I love that analogy!

Yes indeed, The Shrimp Farm’s shrimp are deep red. Unfortunately UPS shipping from them is expensive. I am trying out Aquatic Arts. For small packages UPS next day air is $27 and second day air is $20. I’ll let you know how the shrimp look. They arrive this Thursday.

Most reactions

Back