New Setup Please Help

Yeah thats cool you have been a huge help with everything :) so thanks your a star m8 :)

Actually you are on the right track already. A small number of different fish with larger numbers of them usually ends up looking better than a big variety in small numbers. That is especially true if you had shoaling fish like black neons or rasboras, either of which would be fine with the angel / cory main stocking. It would be a good substitute for the swordtails if they are not one of your favorites. The black neons are big enough to avoid predation by the angel and do shoal to some extent.

Yeah thats cool you have been a huge help with everything :) so thanks your a star m8 :)

Your welcome m8 :)

As oldman says though, black neons do tend to be much larger than your average red/ blue variety and will probably be ok with the angels, quite dull colour wise but are very nice fish in a nice amount

I do like the swordtails they are a stunning fish and always quite active i just got 2 males just incase i didnt like them if i had got males and females and didnt like them and they bred like crazy it would be annoying lol i was also thinking of getting 3 or 4 mollys aswell do you think they will be ok with my current plan?

Also could you please tell me of a fish that is really good at turning over the sand to stop anerobic pockets forming? ive been on the section which lists them but it dont say which 1 is the best 1 to get so i dont know which 1 to go for i was going to get some snails but ive been told u get over run with them so i changed my mind lol

sounds good to me jen how many of them do you guys think i should get just 6+ to start off with and just let them breed into a nice healthy shoal?

Mollies will work fine as far as compatibility with those other fish. I find that my mollies like very hard water and thrive in it, so if you have the softer water that is best for cories and angels the mollies might not be the best idea. Mollies are also quite capable of adding to the fish population like this one did so you will either be watching the angels and swordtails feast on molly fry or will need room to grow out the fry.

MomNEm33_1024.jpg

Yeah i see what you mean mollys might not be the best idea after all i will deffinatly get some black neons like you suggested tho :)

Most reactions

Back