New Rio 180

Rainbow911

Reaction score
Hi all ,

Today I purchased a Juwel Rio 180 from my uncle, so the bacteria/dirt is already within the filter and gravel etc.

It is now up to temperature and I have treated the water with Nutrafin Aqua Plus.

I currently have the three fish which came with the tank in my step dads tank, I just wondered when can I put the three fish back in the tank?

Also the inside walls are qite dirty, any tips on the best way to clean them?

Thanks All :)

Regards

Welcome to the forum! You can just use a sponge to clean the glass. If your filter was kept wet whilst being moved then you will be fine to add the fish back in now.

Ive found that the square algae pads you hold with your hand are the most effective.
Not tried those JBL cleaners that you wear as a glove though,but they look like they'd be easy to use.

a grea tthing to clean algae off the tank is an old credit card!! make sure you clean it well with warm water first.. hope that helps.

L :good:

<> If your filter was kept wet whilst being moved then you will be fine to add the fish back in now.

+1 but you must put the fish back in the tank asap as the benificial bacteria in your filter will start to die off quite quickly without the fish to make ammonia.

You can clean the glass with the fish in the tank.

Tom

Thanks for your help all

I"ll try those tips tonight after work and let you know how i get on :).

Also when can i introduce some new fish? Preferably hardy ones first.

Regards :).

The question should be how long has the tank been without a fish in it from start to finish?

Okay thanks for your help :).

I will let you all know what plants and fish i buy tonight after work.

Cheers

Most reactions

Back