New Project

gf225- The light is an ordinary fluorescent reflector I got cheap as is from an aquarium store that upgraded to metal halides on their planted display tank. I haven't changed any of the tubes which are 4 arcadia freshwater (not sure of temp), 2 sera daylight 6000K and 2 powerglo 10000K (these are more red). I'll be very happy if I'm able to grow glosso. :D

Kage bunshin and Jen- The fish that are going in are all my present fish which include kribs(2), rams(2), congo tetra(5), cardinal tetra(10), penguin tetra(5), rummynose tetra(12), a bristlenose pleco, dwarf guorami, some juvie bala sharks. I'm also getting 3 clown loaches from a friend who has them in a 30g at the moment.

Some more shots from today, after the first of the fish went in.
Left side.
tankleft.jpg
Left end
leftend.jpg
Right side
tankright.jpg

4 arcadia freshwater (not sure of temp), 2 sera daylight 6000K and 2 powerglo 10000K (these are more red). I'll be very happy if I'm able to grow glosso. :D
Generally a very good selection of tubes, you could well have success with glosso in terms of enough light - I'm assuming you have reflectors. My only reservation would be the tank's 24" depth and sandy substrate. Glosso seems to prefer a larger particle size but you may be ok, just ensure there's plenty of root tabs where you plant. Definitely worth a try. Good luck.

The hood is finished, treated and finally on. I'm a bit annoyed about it not being deep enough to hide the water line but I might add to it so it does.
withhood.jpg
I originally had stands of Ceratophyllum spp along the back but they were starting to annoy me since the don't form roots and often go walkabout. They also has fine leaves which were easily pulled off by the fish and bits of which starting getting stuck to the fluval intakes. It does have its advantages in being very fast growing and producing anti-algae substances but I decided to give it the flick. I've replaced it with wisteria and something else I don't know the name of (around here plants are sold as assorted plants $3, with no labels so I'll have to figure out what it is).
cardys.jpg
cute_lily.jpg
kribs.jpg

Most reactions

Back