New Planted Tank!

All those plants are undemanding except for the lace plant which really needs high light.

Sam

.. ok well i am going to order a couple of those low light plants.. What kind of plant food or fert do you guys think i should get for a small aquarium with low light plants?

Any of the branded ferts would be ok for a low light tank. Seachem flourish and tropica plant nutrition are the best. If you want to save yourself a few quid the CMS+B power form is very good and you just mix it with water to make a solution you can dose the tank with.

http://www.aquariumfertilizers.com/Store.php

Sam

So i take it the CMS + B is the same as the Seachem flourish and tropica plant nutrion except that it is in powder form? would you recommend going with the dry cms + b or the liquid flourish? and if you say flourish which one should i get.. it looks like there are a ton to choose from.. each with different ingrediants.

some that i see.. tell me which one to get..

Seachem Flourish
Seachem Flourish Excel
Seachem Flourish Iron
Flourish Nitrogen
Flourish Potassium
Flourish Phosphorus

you were probably just talking about Seachem Flourish.

I do like the idea that the CSM + B is cheaper.

Ok... I have my plant choices down now i just need help figuring out what to go with..

Anubias nana --- this plant meets all requirements. great for tank.
Dwarf Hairgrass-- lighting on this is medium to high.. so i dont know if with my new lighting i will be ok with medium light plant needs? i saw this plant in the members tank page.. sweet with a carpet of this stuff.. dont know how it would look in a smaller tank?
Java Moss--- perfect addition to my tank. this is a for sure add.

Should i not do Java moss and Dwarf Hairgrass in the same tank? would that look weird... im not sure..
are they both considered a carpet plant? if they are which out of those 2 should i go with?
and what do you guys think a good 4th plant would be out of that bunch.

my ph is upper 7.8 - 8 range if that makes a difference on the plants

Most reactions

Back