New Planted Tank...not Doing Well

Ill have a go, I have recently replanted and its near the back lol but ill try.

It almost looks like a crypt, but I just can't see it very well. Old age sucks.

Weekly dosage of ferts and liquid CO2 lead to "spikes" in water conditions, plants will do better with nothing at all than to have massive changes in their
environment, in much the same way fish won't do well if water parameters change rapidly

KirkyArcher said:
Weekly dosage of ferts and liquid CO2 lead to "spikes" in water conditions, plants will do better with nothing at all than to have massive changes in their
environment, in much the same way fish won't do well if water parameters change rapidly
I can accept part of that statement, CO2 in particular. But "plants will do better with nothing at all..", No.
good.gif

SO19Firearms said:
I can accept part of that statement, CO2 in particular. But "plants will do better with nothing at all..", No.
good.gif
Sorry I should have specified no introduced ferts, instead of nothing at all, I was implying that fish poo and un eaten food will have quite a bit of
nutrient value that your plants will be able to survive with.

No I think she means the smaller one at the front, I know the elodea and
cabomba but the smaller to the left of the sign I haven't seen since I
bought it.
No I actually meant the one next to the sign the stringy one because I have that one and it is the only one growing nicely and growing new leaves... So I rearranged all my plants because I got a piece of driftwood a really nice one too and the anubias nana is now on it i fertilize everyday and CO2 everyday also. I am going to wait a couple of weeks and see if my plants do better. They are turning brown from the edges and there are some holes on them too only on the amazon swords..all other plants are doing well

That's the elodea then. Very easy-to-grow plant, and when it gets too tall just snip off the top and put it in the substrate.

ok thank you and will do I really like the look of it I'm using it as my background plant

Yes it is nice, just hard work when it starts sprouting roots from its middle!

Sorry to confuse the issue re plants!

Most reactions

Back