New Planted Tank- Fertilizers!?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Montydog

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Ok so I am starting up a new tank very soon...
It will be 90L, 2X18w lighting and no co2
Plants that I will start off with will include
-anubias nana
Java fern
Java moss
And hair grass, I really want to create a nice carpet with it!
So my question is, what fertilizers substrate and liquid/tablet would u guys suggest? I have been looking at the API Leafzone liquid fertilizer, co2 booster and The API first layer pure laterite substrate.. Pros, cons? To much or to less.. Etc

Ok thanks!

I have also been looking at the slightly more expensive eco-complete substrate.. Thanks again!

At 1.5 watts/USgallon, you are at a nice sweet spot for lighting in a non-CO2 setup, so you're good there I think. Fert recommendations depend on which side of the pond you are on: in the UK you've got easy access to the great TPN+ from Tropica. In the USA, many of us like the Flourish line from Seachem. The liquid carbons most of us low-lighters use is Excel from Seachem or EasyCarbo over in the UK, although I believe Excel is also pretty easy to find over there and brand doesn't matter much for liquid carbon as it's all pretty much the same complicated chemical. Not saying other brands won't work, just don't have as many documented experiences among members.

~~waterdrop~~

Thanks water drop, I'm living in aus... But I can order seachem online, I will check it out. So do I think having eco-complete as a substrate with liquid and carbon ferts will be ok?
Thanks

Most reactions

Back