new peppered cory not doin too good :(

Hi nightlife20 :)

Awwww I feel so bad when I see a poor sick little cory. :-(

I doubt that he has ich. The most common thing that corys are likely to get, especially when they are newly brought in, is a bacterial infection and, while it's difficult to tell from the picture, I would treat it for that. If you are lucky, you will have a form that you will have time enough to treat, but sometimes the disease moves too quickly.

Your hospital tank is a good set up and if you monitor the parameters and do small water changes as needed, it will work out well. Keep the air stone going to provide plenty of oxygen and keep the temperature no higher than 24 degrees C. This will create a condition that will inhibit the growth of the harmful bacteria.

I suggest that you try using either Myxazin, or a product called WS3 made by King British, or a combination of Quick Cure and MelaFix.

Good luck. :)

:-( sadly little guy passded away last night, even tho he was treated with myxazin it didnt seem to help... didnt realise how green it makes the water :eek:

anyways just thought id let u guys know, thanks for the help an all :)

:rip: :byebye:

yeah, about an hr before he died my little girl named him fluff, i think it was because of he fluff on him?? not sure... but today we have berried fluff by our rose bush along with 7 zbra danios from when i first started :( pooor little might cant get over losin another fish... and i cant blame her i feel the same :(

Hi nightlife20 :)

I'm so sorry to learn about your loss. :rip:

But, I think you did all you can for him. Sometimes things just progress so fast that even the best medications just do not have time to do their job.

I still feel sad when I lose a fish. :-(

Most reactions

Back