New Oscar And Cichlid Pics

i would prob guess that the convict attacked your oscar........they are prone to lightning swiftness attacks....1 of my lfs had a tank with 5 3inch oscars and 1 2inch convict and i stood the for 5mins a watched the convict attack each oscar in turn............how big is your tank?
try making caves/retreats and plant a area with platsic plants so they have somewhere to hide...

i would prob guess that the convict attacked your oscar........they are prone to lightning swiftness attacks....1 of my lfs had a tank with 5 3inch oscars and 1 2inch convict and i stood the for 5mins a watched the convict attack each oscar in turn............how big is your tank?
try making caves/retreats and plant a area with platsic plants so they have somewhere to hide...

you can see the severum attacking the oscar in the picture so its pretty clear its not the con.

still cant believe it to be honest. ive always thought and been told sevs are big softys.

even in the new world cichlid section theres a thread entitled "severums - the gentle giant of the aquarium" or something like that.

I could put my severums with my oscar and videotape the beat downs they give it.. I have a video of my chocolate cichlid beating the oscar up..

I don't think it's neccessarily the severums being mean.. I just think they know they can bully wussy oscars and want to show dominance. I wonder if you put a small oscar in the tank if things would be different.. the severum might not be so worried about being the dominant fish if the oscar is a lot smaller then it.

I could put my severums with my oscar and videotape the beat downs they give it.. I have a video of my chocolate cichlid beating the oscar up..

I don't think it's neccessarily the severums being mean.. I just think they know they can bully wussy oscars and want to show dominance. I wonder if you put a small oscar in the tank if things would be different.. the severum might not be so worried about being the dominant fish if the oscar is a lot smaller then it.

Actually, my original smaller oscar who didn't make it (internal parasite I think, he had a white stringy poo for days) didn't get harrassed nearly as much as my current oscar does. Actually, he would lock jaws with the severum and hold his own. This one would seemed to just take the punishment.

I'm returning the sev to the lfs today actually.

Makoman, how many topics do you need to make about this?!
Well...at first I wasn't sure about the sev picking on my oscar so I made a thread asking whether people ever experienced it with thier fish. Then I made a new thread after I relized he was the one actually doing it and was going to post a pic in it, but there was no place to upload, so I upload it to this thread and told people to look here.

If you really wanted to know. :good:

sam theres no need to be rude....were all here trying to help each other.....i know that the severum was attacking oscar looking at the picture but thought maybe the convict may also be playing a part.........you dont know any more than me unless youre there looking..........so dont take the sarcastic tone.....you know as well as any1 sevs are ment to be harmless so i was tossing up other possibilitys into the air......my firemouth never attacks anything allways saw my convict going for her until a week ago when i saw fire go for her so situations always change.......

sam theres no need to be rude....were all here trying to help each other.....i know that the severum was attacking oscar looking at the picture but thought maybe the convict may also be playing a part.........you dont know any more than me unless youre there looking..........so dont take the sarcastic tone.....you know as well as any1 sevs are ment to be harmless so i was tossing up other possibilitys into the air......my firemouth never attacks anything allways saw my convict going for her until a week ago when i saw fire go for her so situations always change.......

i actually wasnt being sarcastic or rude.

jus sed its obviously not the con as you can see the sev doing it. thats all.

Nope it wasn't the convict, hes scared of the oscar, probably cause the oscar is double his size. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

Speaking of uploading pics, I can't because they're too big. Any suggestions? I don't have any image editing software.

You can do it it in paint. I believe there is a guide on here somewhere.

Speaking of uploading pics, I can't because they're too big. Any suggestions? I don't have any image editing software.

register at photobucket.com

when you upload pics there, it will automatically resize them to its max size.

not strictly speaking true, they have to be over a certain size for it to re-size them, most annoying they come off my camera just too small for photobucket to re-size them but too big to see easily on screen. :grr:

but once you've uploaded them there's an option to change the size, or as previously mentioned you can do it in paint, just go to the stretch option and put every % in at 75 or whatever you want to change it too.

Glad the sev's going, poor little Oscar. People always think Oscar's will beat anything up and it's just not true.... they may well try and eat anything that gets near it's mouth and some of them can be nasty, but there's loads that are complete wusses.

:)

Most reactions

Back