New one gallon!!!

Auratus

Why am I browsing a fish forum at 2am?
Reaction score
I bought this one gallon or so glass bowl for two dollars at big lots.It has about 2 inches of black gravel and 6 inches tall of water and then the diamater of the bowl is really big. I'm not sure how big though. Enough room for a betta that's for sure!!! I was wondering if I could have anything other than a betta in this? Like maybe a minnow or something? I have one huge plant that they can swim through and some of it floats on the water surface. I am going to be adding a small cave, that's how big it is!!! If not a betta is cool too. At least it would be happy!

If it's the same shape as a fish bowl (smaller opening at the top that the rest of the bowl) then a betta is all that can go in there. The reason being because that type of bowl doesn't allow for enough oxygenation of the water and and other fish will sufficate. The reason why a betta can live in a fish bowl is because it can directly breathe air. Hope this helps. :D

Oh, no it's not like a fish bowl. The opening is just as big as the amount of room the fish has to swim. It's a really good deal for a bowl that big. I might go buy a couple more. It's not like a bowl you would eat cereal out of either. I dont know how to explain it but it's really cool!

Oh, and I have an air stone and bubbler if I have to use one.

You might consider an apple snail? Ok, so it may not be the most exciting addition, but I know I came to really like mine. I used to have one that my betta got along with--but I kept the tank too clean for him and he was less than happy. Also, apple snails have a lung, so's they can breathe air like a betta (in the case of a less oxygenated tank).

no no i know what he means!

the bottom is the same shape as the top!

i have one like that, i though it was a 3 gallon they look so big, t was a 1 though, i use it as a hospital tank now

but its in a box away!

Yep, it's square but it's round like a !_! shape... oh, and I'm a she.

Snails dont need heat

However, do not every overdose salt is and aquarium because salt can melt snails (I think)

Overall, snails are pretty easy to keep

Most reactions

Back