New Nerite Snails

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nerites will get themselves into the tiniest spaces. I once needed to treat for whitespot (before I found out about the heat method) and just about all whitespot treatments kill snails. I found all but one nerite and I even took every piece of decor out of the tank and examined it. It had to take its chance with the medication. A couple of days later I found it crawling up the tank wall.

I have a long, thin wire stick which I use to flip nerites back the right way up. Sometimes I just can't flip them over so I push them against the tank wall or some decor then they have something to get hold of.

Here's one of my goofballs, on the underside of the lid (lid is open)...I forget they do this, and sometimes when I open the lid, they fall back into the tank, but land upside down...I just use a bent wire coat-hanger to right them
Snails get themselves into the funniest situations...I think I will also get a rod-shaped object of my own

Ah yes, Nerite snails: The notorious escape artists :lol:

I’ve never had an issue with mine actually getting out of the tank, but he has climbed above the water line on a number of occasions.

Most reactions

Back