The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lloydylloydy

Reaction score
hi i have a 6x2x2 tank with tiger shovelnose cat. panasius cat. pterodorus granulosus. common pleco. pims catfish and a cute little clown loach. i have just added 2 6" parrot fish.

Welcome to the forum lloydylloydy. I assume you're talking in feet re your tank size so nice and big!

yeh feet not meters lol.
its a good tank with the fluval fx5 filter. iv only had it set up 2 weeks and i love it. should see my fish right for a few years. what fish do you keep

lloydylloydy said:
what fish do you keep
I'm getting into Rainbowfish most recently. I have x10 including a few Boesmans. I also have a pair of Kribensis amongst others.

Yes, you have many large fish in that tank, you've only hadthe tank for two weeks now. Have you cycled your tank yet, and how did you cycle it? I would be worried for many of your larger fish that you have been adding.

Also, while your tank is so large, I would venture tos ay it is overstocked and you may want another opinion.

Your Tiger Shovelnose Cat will grow to 3' large and a 180g tank is the minimum size.
panasius cat.
pterodorus granulosus.
common pleco.
pims catfish
[These four tanks require tank sizes close to your 180g tank size so all together it makes your tank kind of full]

cute little clown loach.

2 6" parrot fish. [Do you mean parrot cichlids? These will grow decently large]

Your cute little clown loach can grow to 1' and you should have at least 6 of them since they are schooling fish and very social fish.

I would recommend cyling your tank because in two weeks I'm assuming you haven't and give away all your fish or sell them, and rethink your stock.

Most reactions

Back