New Member With Bettas

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mamacurd

Reaction score
Hi there.
Has anyone removed the divider in there betta duo or trio tanks? I have a Biorb 45l life and a betta duo , but I feel the Betta is a bit lonely , I want to remove the devider and give him some more space to add 2 or 3 tetras or anything else you might think was compatible , I was going to put him in the bio but I think 2 of the fish are tail biters. Any advice? I am a bit of a novice had the tank ( bio) for 2 years, though my bro had it when we went on holiday and when it got returned 5 months later all that remained was 3 X-ray tetras and shrimp. So I got 2 orange dwarf gourami to add some colour , now I can't put the betta in there.
Thanks in advance for reading
X

How big is your betta tank? Most tanks I can think of with dividers are way too small for one, let alone some other fish. They don't get lonely so don't worry about that :)
Have a read of THIS to see if there is something you can change that might make him more comfortable.

welcomeani.gif
to TFF btw! Hope you enjoy it here.

Hello My favorite types of bettas hope i can help. I looked up the betta duo and saw it looks like about a 5 gallon size? if that is right you could try to put some sort or tetra bottom feeder snail or shrimp with it. I have a planted 5 gallon Im working on right now and it currently is housing 2 zebra danios which Im going to add more to for a school, and one male half moon plaket betta that gets along just fine. The only problem you might run into is that your particular betta could not work with other fish and be aggressive. While most Male Bettas are aggressive some like mine are an acceptation with proper decor and setup. I would suggest tetras or bottem feeders as your best bet. What size tank is it when undivided?

jakestanks said:
Hello My favorite types of bettas hope i can help. I looked up the betta duo and saw it looks like about a 5 gallon size? if that is right you could try to put some sort or tetra bottom feeder snail or shrimp with it. I have a planted 5 gallon Im working on right now and it currently is housing 2 zebra danios which Im going to add more to for a school, and one male half moon plaket betta that gets along just fine. The only problem you might run into is that your particular betta could not work with other fish and be aggressive. While most Male Bettas are aggressive some like mine are an acceptation with proper decor and setup. I would suggest tetras or bottem feeders as your best bet. What size tank is it when undivided?

We don't recommend fish tank mates for bettas, and certainly not in a five gallon; it's too small.

Zebra danios should be in a tank at least three feet long; although they're not big, they are very active and need a lot of swimming room. They're also more of a temperate fish, that does best in unheated tanks (or with a heater turned down low, if your house is very cold). They're going to be very unhappy at the temperature a betta needs.

Tetras aren't the best tank mates for bettas either; many of them can be very nippy, especially in smaller shoals, and most 'bottom feeders' either grow too large, need different water conditions to bettas, or need to be kept in groups..

I'm sorry I'm sounding so negative, but your tank isn't going to work for those danios, and your recommendations for the OP aren't going to go well.

Most reactions

Back