New Mandarin Fish

No harm if you want to, but i feel that its good for the fish if they get a few hours of darkness to rewind and relax :)

No harm if you want to, but i feel that its good for the fish if they get a few hours of darkness to rewind and relax :)

i leave mine on all through night i hear it helps with certain fish like clowns when it comes to mating them up. not sure how true it is but it makes the tank look nice :)

he is correct

:p I'm 25 year old woman :p

Is it ok to keep the moon lights on all throughout the night?
Hmmm...these animals are from the ocean. How is the moonlight affected out there? Clouds, storms, natural planet cycles. With a large storm rolling over they could go without moonlight for a couple days. I'd say if you'd like to vary it, go ahead. There is just sooo much that affects their natural habitat, really. Barometric changes, especially when storms and things are brewing. The ocean amazes me and I sit here is complete and total AWE of it :wub:

--edit--
But most of the time there is some light in the upper parts of the water. If you're doing a normal shallow reef biotope then I'm thinking it'd be best to have the moon lights on most nights. Those fish that live high enough in the water column to "see" the moonlight might rely on that for their body cycles to some degree.

That's alright. I'd imagine there's not to many females over here. Now I didn't say "not any", but I would bet that there are significantly less females than males in the salty section. (that's cause they're all in the beta and live bearer section...no offense to anyone :p )

:fish:

:D

Most reactions

Back