New Male Betta! Yeah!

Betta5

Fish Herder
Reaction score
12 o'clock noon i woke up this morning, I was going to the pet shop for some more dechlorinator (i seem to go through the stuff like water with 6 fish tanks). I got dressed and was on my way. Just as i got there some boxes were comming in the back. Me and my dad were like 'what is that'. They took them into the aquarium part and opened them. What was inside.......... Male Bettas! and loads of other fish! We watched as they floated each male betta in a tank with other fish. There was a half moon, but its tail was all weird and lots of comb tails. There was one perfect soild red veil tail floating in a tank of female guppies. They let it out and the females sorrunded him. I said to my dad " should i save him" he said "its up to you". Then i tapped the man on the back and said could i have this betta! The next thing i knew, he was floating in a bag in my 4 gallon tank. He seems to stay at the bottom allot, guess hes just setteling in!

And that is the story of how i save my first male betta! Hes fins are perfect not a nip at all.

Thanks

Sean M

PS th shop dosent care about tail types or if they are rare, all male bettas are £3.99 including halfmoons and crowntails.

Its called Supreme Animal Foods, if you live in London, its in Lewisham. (i am sure they are all over)

Congratulations on your male Betta. I am sure you will be very happy with him. I had a male Betta, too, and he was beautiful.

Thanks he is perfect in every way! Sorry about your betta! are you planning on another one!

Sean M

I think its silly how males are more expensive than fmales... i think they should all be £1.85 in my lfs :p although i got 2 male PK this week from a batch of so called females :p here is the white one!

Bret

Attachments

• Plakat2.JPG
    Plakat2.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 33
At this shop, females are £1.75 for 1, or 3 for £5, And whatever males they have are £3.99. Its good because they dont think, o this is rare lets put the price up, they just think its a type of betta, £3.99. This works out for the shop keepers and the buyers.

I have a few questions,

1) There is a pump in his tank and it is on the slowest setting but is still moving lots of the water. I turned it off last night and he started swimming around. What am i going to do for airation and filetration?

2) And when can i try to make him flare?( i want to let him settle in first)

thanks

Sean M

ps- very nice male BWbettas

Because i couldent find a heater that was less than 50w i couldent put one in my betta tank, it is a 4 gallon but i dident want to fry him! I had a corn snake but he escaped about 1 1/2 months ago, and he had a heat mat. Of a night time the temp drops quite a bit so i put the heat mat underneath. The overall temp is about 79*C with the mat, i measured it in the stones/ grevel and it was about 80-81.

My questions are-

1) Does the temp diff create any problems?

2) I have turned the pump back on and with the heat he is much more active, will this harm him?

Hope you can answer quickly because i dont want to lose him1

thanks very much
:D
Sean!

Most reactions

Back