New Lighting

srem

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi All.

My current tube has stopped working. I took it apart and there only appears to be one end that is a connection; the other end seems to be for support. Is this normal / old? The end that seems to be only for support has lots of dirt around it so I cleaned it but still no luck. Is this type of lighting very common anymore as Im sure newer ones use connections on both ends?

The whole hood unit is quite grubby so I was thinking of replacing the starter unit anyway. What would be my best option on a tight budget? Would a new bulb do the trick? Arcadia systems seem expensive?!

Thanks.

Sounds odd to me, could be a coper compact I guess. Does the tube look like this?

LT-JLPL36B.jpg

Sam

no it looks more like this

T8%20fluorescent%20tube.jpg

i think this might be standard T8? sorry im new to lighting!

well i found out why i thought it only had the double pins on one end....it was because the other end had broken off and got stuck in the connection :blush:
so anyways i bought a new bulb and now its fine :good:

i still have a slight problem in that its only 15w and my java moss doesnt seem too happy, hopefully this new bulb is better for plants than my old one.

cheers

Hiya, sometimes lighting problems can be as simple as a dodgy or corroded connection or a s serious as a gear tray failure. Just a process of ellimination

Emma

Most reactions

Back