New Goldfish Tank

debiasir

fancy goldfish rule!!!
Reaction score
Ok picked this up last night for a tenner.

basically did a water change tonight, fish went in a bucket moved the gravel, dec etc added a really lond bubble curtain added all the old tank water and toped up with fresh, treated water, temp was spot on so in went the fish.

the filter are pushing out 700 litre each and i do water change twice a week.

home to one fancy tail and 9 wcmm

comments and crits please.

all i need is a powerfuller (is that a word) pump as only half the curtain is working and maybe a black background.

fish001-vi.jpg

fish002-vi.jpg

fish003-vi.jpg

fish004-vi.jpg

Yup once that back grounds in its gonna look great, I think gold fish are often over looked but they are just as colourful and active as tropicial fish.

Nice one debiasir :fun:

What a great bargain, and your fish are lovely. :thumbs:

Absolutely, what a fabulous bargain ! Well done :thumbs:

all i need is a powerfuller (is that a word) pump as only half the curtain is working and maybe a black background.
more powerful ;)

So how many gallons is it then ? or did I miss that somewhere ?

cheers :)

the gravel and filter weren't part of the deal but i have a filter that came with it, heater and other stuff etc that is being used for spares.

i am sligtly worried as i added another filter today with old filter sponges so the flow has doubled not sure if my golyand the WCMM like it.

there were more bargains on the local website

a 7 ft tank all the trimmings inc stand £75
a 5ft tank allthe trimmings inc stand £50
a 4ft tank all the trimmings no stand £30

not fair, if only i had my own house i would of bought all the above

How many gallons is the tank? Because to me it looks like a 10g US and that is extremly to small for a goldfish. The general rule for goldfish is 20 US gallons for the first goldfish and 10 extra gallons for each additional goldfish. But :kewlpics:

it measures 28inch long, 13 inchs wide and 18 inchs tall. so make that just over 20 UK gallons.
those pics are very misleading i had a reckord 60 on there before and this tank really is alot bigger, mostly in the hieght

How many gallons is the tank? Because to me it looks like a 10g US and that is extremly to small for a goldfish. The general rule for goldfish is 20 US gallons for the first goldfish and 10 extra gallons for each additional goldfish. But :kewlpics:

I hardly think you are the best person to give stocking adivce :lol: The phrase 'hark the pot calling the kettle black' springs to mind :lol:

But anyway, back on topic, nice tank :) Very cunning 'No Fishing' sign hiding in the corner I see :fun:

I hardly think you are the best person to give stocking adivce :lol: The phrase 'hark the pot calling the kettle black' springs to mind :lol:

But anyway, back on topic, nice tank :) Very cunning 'No Fishing' sign hiding in the corner I see :fun:
What do you mean I'm not the best person to give stocking advice? :grr:

Very cunning 'No Fishing' sign hiding in the corner I see

i love them haha could not find one anywhere for about 1 and a half year and i did look hard haha strange how something really tacky catches my fancy...i think i am just wierd.

Anyways the tank is around 20 uk gals cleaned twice weekly with 700l per hour filtration so its spot on ... for now :hey:

Come on oohfeeshy stop changing the subject. What did you mean? :angry:

Are the plants real or fake?

:unsure: fake unfortunatly

i did have elodea ( i think its called) in the tank but this goldy striped them bare withing days

have been toying with the idea of some amazon sword and vallis. i know they are tropical plants but the temp would suit them (its a hot room) and think they would look good in the tank

what did you think

[/quote]
Come on oohfeeshy stop changing the subject. What did you mean? :angry:
[/quote]
Ooh feeshy whats wrong can't you be a man and answer my question if you aren't why did you insult me and then run away like a baby. :stupid: :dunno:

Most reactions

Back