New Geckos

FBTgirl

Fish Herder
Reaction score
YAY!!! Today I cought 3 leopard Geckos under some wood. Now they live with my hermit crab Pinch

I thought hermit crabs needed humid conditions?

ETA: Just noticed you're in California...so presumably you aren't talking about the leopard gecko Eublepharis macularius...perhaps you mean Coleonyx (same family as leopards...also known as banded geckos)?

I thought hermit crabs needed humid conditions?

ETA: Just noticed you're in California...so presumably you aren't talking about the leopard gecko Eublepharis macularius...perhaps you mean Coleonyx (same family as leopards...also known as banded geckos)?
I keep leos and bandeds i would think that a banded would not stand a chance against a hermit.

I would highly reccommend that you find out exactly what species you have collected, as there are plenty of geckos which are illegal to collect in California (and the rest you need a license!!!)

California Herping Laws

you should NEVER take animals from the wild,
not only is it cruel to stress them out, but you could also be introducing diseases into your home, or worse, a illness to the animal. unfortunly you can never release them, as its too risky. please i beg you to NOT take any more animals from the wild, if you want an animal, thats what pet shops are for.

No I only catch lizards from the wild and let them go. I will try to find out what geckos they are becasue there are tons of them around were I live.

Most reactions

Back