New Forum?

Would you benifit, or like to see, a forum on TFF about Aquascaping?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• Total voters
I think its a great idea, when i first started i was lookin for forums like that to get ideas and advice from people on aquascaping. and it still would be nice to have one..
good idea

I'd once again say it's a great idea. As already said, it's not only plants, and the members picture's forum really is not critical enough. The arrangement of decorations and plants is crucial to a nice looking tank, you can't just throw them in. An aquascaping forum would address the more detailed issues, like colour and shape contrast, focal points, foreground/midground/background/floating ornaments, etc. It would be great.

vantgE said:
I say no too it's not of intrest to me for one and therefore won't get enough people to be intresting
:dunno: :dunno:

This will probably come bad (its not meant to flame) but thats one hell of an ego! I would use it even if you dont :nod: I think its a great idea, I could use heaps of input on my tanks. I know what I wanna do with but I'm sure as hell could use help in not just plantage suggestions but a great way to do caves/rocks substrate suggestions and ornaments (for those of us that do), layouts etc etc

Katchan

I think it's a great idea :thumbs:

Simply put, it could be a place to let people know just where to get harder to find things that look so good but isn't in the lfs.

For instance, I would like to know where to get black sand. I think it looks sexy but it doesn't seem to be in Brisbane, so I might need to ship it in from interstate or internationally....

Just a thought!

Just because one person doesn't get interested in something doesn't mean it isn't of interest to many others - just look away now....

:devil:
just because
:fish:
because I love this one

Hey, whatever sinks their driftwood....

I personally know what I want with my tanks, but it would be cool for people who have no sense of scheme, theme, or just plain are bored. AS long as we don't get a million 'Change to sand!!!!!' posts, I think it would be fine.

I vote yes. I didn't have much problem setting up my "aquascape" but most people are pickier than I am. I just hope enough people have interest in it for the idea to float. I think it will do very well if it get's a chance

I haven't been around the Forum to know what it takes to get a new Forum started but with the initial response I hope it happens. There are some other Forums on here that are somewhat slow moving but very Solid Forums (i.e. NWC, OddBalls). It doesn't have to have 50 posts a day to help people out. It just needs active members to pop by and share input.

I'd like to say that, it's all in there already under the plant section, if you see a thread you like or someone in the thread has posted a reply then you can PM that member for additional advice. So I would say No at the moment it's not needed.
Maybe if a different set of circumstances arise in the future then it could be re-addressed.

i voted a strong YES!!

i stated fishkeeping at christmas and didn't have a clue as to how to "design" my tank interior. i've now changed it 3 times and am finally happy, although i'm gonna be adding more plants very soon and removing old ones..

i started out with a rock in the middle and a tacky stonehenge and tacky sunken bismark on either side. i removed the two tack items and got some bogwood, planted my java fern correctly and smashed the stone into lots of small bits and piled them ontop of my air inlet so the bubbles rise up through! also changed over to a sand sub!

i'd like to know more on how you're meant to plant your tank such as a peat layer then sand/gravel for instance...

hope you get the go ahead

I don't believe we need to add yet another section to the forum. Maybe the planted section could be added to to specifically include aquascaping questions in addition to just plant questions. Its a logical place to put it. As said, it won't receive enough activity to warrant its very own section but because plants are not overcrowded with posts either, questions are less likely to get lost there than they currently do in tropical chit chat. However, a pinned topic under the plants section with aquascaping included, with great pictures of aquascaping options might not be a bad idea. Include the tank owners user-name so people can contact them with further questions and what not. But I don't think another section needs to be added for this.

i dunno, iv not voted yet..

there is kinda an aquascaping part(S) any ways..

as stated theres the plants section... but theres also the members pic section correct me if im wrong but this shows off some forms of 'aquascaping' you can implement these ideas into ur tank..

i maybe way off the mark here.. so ppl correct me if im wrong.

i dont think theres realy any need for it. :/

Yes, but Pictures are not enough! :no: it would be cool if novices and experts could share the concepts behind the aquascaping of their tanks, it would help beginners, and it gives EVERYONE fresh, original ideas and new concepts that they might have not even thought about.

Most reactions

Back