New fishes!

Mollymomma

Fishaholic
Reaction score
:thumbs: :D :D
Just thought I'd let everyone know I just bought new fish lol (like that's a big surprise here LOL) I bought my first platies. 2 female, 1 male red wags. Geez I had a heck of a time decidin' which ones to get, kids love the Mickey Mouse ones ( have to surprise them with some later LOL)

I'll tell ya know how they do and when the first batch of babies arrive

You will have a better chance of babies if you have have saltwater. Remember that you will not be able to have scaleless fish if you have salt, so this is neon and cardinal tetras, in fact most tertas, and some others

Good luck and I hope you will shortly be a proud father :D

:nod: Well I now have platy babies...Geez they were quick lol,
Have no salt in the tank. Just got luck to buy a prego platy..Wasn't really expecting to find some this quick lol I'm so excited! Molly Momma now Platy Momma too... :thumbs: :thumbs: :wub: :wub:

Congratulations on becoming a parent :D

You were lucky buying a pregnant fishy. My fish probably won't bother due to the lack of salt. I am buying one more female platy for my tank as males currently outnumber females three to one. I am gonna pick the chubbiest fish in the tank. :lol:

Congrats on the babies, They are so fun to watch.
When adding salt becareful to read the instructs on the carton for aquarium salt. If you have scaleless fish You can do as I did, Start with a light salt and work your way up........platys and swords seem to like it pretty well

Les

Thanks... I think if They are okay without salt I may just try to keep it saltless...as I said in my" beginner" post I'll be eventually moving them all into a 125gal. and want several tetras so the salt may become an issue..

The babies are so sweet!! But boy was I shocked to find them that quick :fun: :hyper:

I'm glad that your having some luck with breeding them. I can't get my 1 and only male platy to breed with the 3 females (2 blue mickey mouse platies & 1 Red wag tail platy)

Just aint got the bottle i have salt in the aquarium too!!!!

Congratulations on the new babies, dont understand the salt debate, can any one enlighten me or give me a good site to read up on? mine arent in salt and seem to do well.

Most reactions

Back