New Filter Cycling

mifty12

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
23062006065.jpg

Hi Guys

I have a juwel rio 240 and have heard that the filters on these are pony. I have decided to get rid of the old internal and am currently running a fluval 305 alongside and can clearly see a difference in the water clarity. My question is how long do i need to keep it running alongside the old filter before i can think about stripping out the old one ?

Cheeers

Justin.

You could take some of them sponges from the internal and put it into the exteral to help things along, maybe just take 1 sponge out the internal and fit it into somewhere in the external, Im not sure how long, but I would say 1.5 to 2 months to be safe, but I think you can just take some sponges out the internal, this is help bacteria to grow in the new media in external.

But what for others to confirm what i have said,

hi,i have a rio 240 as well and still have the internal filter running as well as a eheim pro 11 2028 external.i would either leave both filters running,or,if you rip out the internal filter,then,i would add another external as well.2 filters running is always good news for the fish,water clarity,etc etc

Most reactions

Back