new corys

pumaf1

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have just got back from the fish shop about four hours ago with 3 Pepperd corys. and some tetras. I have noticed however the corys are all staying together and the smallest of the three seems to lead the others out and if anyone goes enar to the tank they damn near fall over each other to go and hide. is this normal or arde they just settling in.

is there anything i can do to make em feel more at home?

pumaf1 said:
I have just got back from the fish shop about four hours ago with 3 Pepperd corys. and some tetras. I have noticed however the corys are all staying together and the smallest of the three seems to lead the others out and if anyone goes enar to the tank they damn near fall over each other to go and hide. is this normal or arde they just settling in.

is there anything i can do to make em feel more at home?
It is normal behaviour so don't worry.

make sure you have lost of little hiding places and small caves for them (the more cramped the better 'cos you will find that they prefer to settle all lying on top of each other!! :fun: )

Once they have settled in they will become more adventurous and they will be out and about in your tank playing together :D .

steve

Hi pumaf1 :)

This is normal schooling behavior for corys and what makes many people especially enjoy having them. More than most fish they enjoy each other's company. They often sleep together and play together too. :thumbs:

I just responded to your other post and see that they are peppered corys. They might be a little more shy than normal because they are sick, but when they get well, they will become active and outgoing. This species is not known to be shy. :D

You have only had them today? Very normal I'd say! They should settle within a few days!

Most reactions

Back