New Corys

samyboy

Fish Addict
Reaction score
bought 2 more bronze corys today about the same size as the albinos

i did the acclimatising and set them free and they settled on the floor until the original ones came to investigate then they all schooled up for a bit now the new ones spend more time mid depth not on the floor one has spent the last 30mins cleaning the exterior of my filter the other the heater

also i notice when i first got the original ones they would dart up to gasp (i read this is normal behavior) but they never seem todo it now..........it was quite funny watching them dart up through the middle of a neon school

Hi samyboy :)

Good for you! I just love to watch new corys when they first meet their new tankmates. :wub:

The reason corys occasionally dart to the surface and gulp air is because they have the ability to absorb a little extra oxygen by swallowing it and passing it through their intestines. This helps them when their native streams become muddy. Sometimes you may also see them passing the air out their other end. :blush:

:lol:

Hi samyboy :)

Good for you! I just love to watch new corys when they first meet their new tankmates. :wub:

The reason corys occasionally dart to the surface and gulp air is because they have the ability to absorb a little extra oxygen by swallowing it and passing it through their intestines. This helps them when their native streams become muddy. Sometimes you may also see them passing the air out their other end. :blush:

:lol:

More information then I needed :rofl:

ahaha never seen it come out the other end and the new corys are still alot braver than the originals i just love the way they fly to the surface but they dont seem to do it as often now :(

Most reactions

Back