New Clown Pleco -Is it healthy?

SherriK

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I’m fairly new at owning freshwater fish. I bought this clown pleco about a month ago, noticed around Christmas it had ich so I medicated him/her and cleaned everything. The spots are no longer there and he/she seems better. I don’t know how old it is and wanted to make sure that its doing well and healthy. I took some pictures, please let me know what you guys think! It doesn’t live in this container, I was cleaning the aquarium and put it in this to get some pictures because it’s nocturnal and I barely see it in general. Also, if anyone has some cool name ideas I’m all ears! Thank you!!
-Sherri

Attachments

• 34B55D99-23B5-471F-AC16-75EA4E5F78DD.jpeg
    34B55D99-23B5-471F-AC16-75EA4E5F78DD.jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 322C7DBC-4010-4FC3-8C27-A2C3E8F5CC5F.jpeg
    322C7DBC-4010-4FC3-8C27-A2C3E8F5CC5F.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 150BEED8-95B6-4E86-A8D4-60F3BCDE4FE3.jpeg
    150BEED8-95B6-4E86-A8D4-60F3BCDE4FE3.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 71
  • CC43E6AF-F7A1-41A0-8469-0DFF5F0A1A58.jpeg
    CC43E6AF-F7A1-41A0-8469-0DFF5F0A1A58.jpeg
    261.4 KB · Views: 66
Looks fine to me! Plecos love to eat so feed it twice a day and if it eats and poops regularly then it's fine. I feed mine the Bug Bite pleco formula by fluval

How about naming it Bozo who was a famous clown

How about naming it Bozo who was a famous clown
Ou I like that!!
Looks fine to me! Plecos love to eat so feed it twice a day and if it eats and poops regularly then it's fine. I feed mine the Bug Bite pleco formula by fluval
Thank you so much! And I’ll have to look into that formula! Can u tell if it’s a boy or a girl? Or is it still too young?

Ou I like that!!

Thank you so much! And I’ll have to look into that formula! Can u tell if it’s a boy or a girl? Or is it still too young?
Bushynose plecos are more up my alley, but it's difficult to say from the pictures. Only time will tell and the females will stay fairly small. So if it doesn't grow super fast it's probably female!

Hey guys!

I’m fairly new at owning freshwater fish. I bought this clown pleco about a month ago, noticed around Christmas it had ich so I medicated him/her and cleaned everything. The spots are no longer there and he/she seems better. I don’t know how old it is and wanted to make sure that its doing well and healthy. I took some pictures, please let me know what you guys think! It doesn’t live in this container, I was cleaning the aquarium and put it in this to get some pictures because it’s nocturnal and I barely see it in general. Also, if anyone has some cool name ideas I’m all ears! Thank you!!
-Sherri
It’s gorgeous! How big does it grow? What fish can you put with these?

It’s gorgeous! How big does it grow? What fish can you put with these?
Thank you! From what I’ve researched and what the employee at the pet store said, they can grow to 3-4”. I have a dwarf gourami, some platys, guppies, two mystery snails, shrimp, and some glow light tetras, and I have no problem at all when it comes to aggression. They are nocturnal so they mainly hide all day and come out to eat and explore during the night. ??

Most reactions

Back