New camera/new rams

AmberC

Fish Addict
Reaction score
everything in the tank is in my siggy. The tank is giong to be a discus tank when its done.
Tank:

Attachments

• DSC00208.JPG
    DSC00208.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 31
last one.. the pair again

Attachments

• rpair1.jpg
    rpair1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 26
looking FAB, whats the dimensions of your tank as it looks a really good size

piper said:
looking FAB, whats the dimensions of your tank as it looks a really good size
[snapback]919433[/snapback]​

Thanks and I believe it was 72x24x24

I just love those type of rams! I think I'll only have room for one or two female bettas only in my tank left though...

Beautiful Rams. Makes me miss mine!

(I wouldn't have put them in a tank that's still not fully cycled though..)

Rams aren't as sensitive as people think they are. I've never had a problem with them and I've cycled many tanks with nothing but rams. I've been keeping them for a long time as they are one of my fav fish. People underestimate them.

I put those rams in this tank and they were immediately swimming around and after one day are ready to spawn. You just gotta know how to do it. :nod:

pseud said:
Beautiful Rams. Makes me miss mine!

(I wouldn't have put them in a tank that's still not fully cycled though..)
[snapback]920065[/snapback]​

gf225 said:
AmberC said:
You just gotta know how to do it. :nod:
[snapback]920495[/snapback]​
In an uncycled tank how's that then? Lots of water changes? Do you have softwater?
[snapback]920636[/snapback]​

When I cycle a tank, I change the water every other day to keep the toxins down no matter what fish I have in there. I never do fishless because imo its useless to do it that way. My water here is soft, but it was not in Wa when I cycled my 20 with a pair of rams. (I've recenlty moved to Va) Acclimaion is the biggest thing with rams. Acclimate them into a tank you know they are going to like and its not a big deal. IE proper ph, planted tank and acclimate them slowly. First float them for 30 min, then open the bag and add a little water from your tank into the bag and do this slowly adding a little more now and then for 30 more min, then gently put them into the tank. I thought this was common knowledge. :dunno:

Well, not to get into a huge debate about it, but fishless cycling does exactly the same as cycling with fish, except it has an added advantage of fish not living in toxins for ANY length of time. So, it really isn't useless at all, it's actually MORE humane and MORE useful. But anyway...

I couldn't conciously put a fish in an uncycled tank, knowing it will be swimming in toxins.

Most reactions

Back