New Bulbs For Aquaone

neilvass

Reaction score
Hi
i've got an aquaone aquastyle 850 and am having trouble sourcing new striplights for it, all the strips are non standard sizes for aquarium (about 1cm difference)
I've tried emailing aquaone in the UK and there head office overseas, NEVER GET A REPLY!!!!!!!!! :angry: seems that once you buy a tank from them you are on your own. my LFS where i bought the tank wont help either as they dont deal with them anymore and say that carraige costs to the north of Scotland are too costly

Any help would be appreciated, otherwise i'm going to have to start modifying the hood

thanks

Neil

How far are you from a Dobbies Garden Centre? as they will keep them in stock or at the very least can order them in for you.

Have you tried putting other bulbs in it? I never knew the aqua-one tanks had non-standard tubes...

I've also got an 850 and I bought a 30" arcadia tube at the weekend and thats fitted fine, I havn't tried the 23.5" tube yet though

So the same deal as the Arcadia Arcpods? They are pretty standard, some desk lamps and emergency light units use them, you can buy them at ikea or online for different colours.

Googled the Aquastyle 850 and it apparently takes 2 x 30" 25W and 1 x 23.5" 20W tubes, T8 I'd be guessing.

I've never heard (until now) of Aqua One tanks using odd-sized bulbs, 30" 25W T8's are easy to find from companies like Arcadia (my OTL takes that size) and Interpet, and Gro-lux ones are available too.

23.5" 20W bulbs fittings sounds normal too, 600mm 20W T8's can be found on the net and probably ordered in from lamp shops. Gro-lux tubes are available in this size /wattage.

Most bulbs of this size are 18W, though that shouldn't be much of a problem - most aquarium lighting ballasts can take both, putting an 18W in there instead of 20W shouldn't be a big deal :good:.

Just a quick drop in to say I had my first experience of Aquarium-parts.co.uk the other day, (for a replacement impeller on my Aquis 1200), and I was impressed by their service.
Also I've not e-mailed the UK AquaOne branch, but seriously, ring them. They are quick to answer the phone, and always have been really helpful to me. :good:

Most reactions

Back