New betta...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I wouldn't say rescue is the right word. I think he looks great. Very beautiful. From those pics, I can't see that the spine is bent, it looks normal to me, at least in the second pic. But a picture doesn't tell the full story.

I wouldn't say rescue is the right word. I think he looks great. Very beautiful. From those pics, I can't see that the spine is bent, it looks normal to me, at least in the second pic. But a picture doesn't tell the full story.
He looks really good, but he was in supper dirty water at the store, that's why I couldn't really tell coloration.

I got him because he was literally sitting in the cup. (nose up)

SO you don't think his spine is bent? I could just be saying that because I'm worried about my little boy...

This pic looks a little bent but I think it’s the position of his head. Other pic looks fine. He’s beautiful and healthy. Not exactly a “rescue fish” but any that you get out of a cup is a rescue. Stop worrying. :)
P1080127.JPG

[/QUOTE]

He looks really good, but he was in supper dirty water at the store, that's why I couldn't really tell coloration.

I got him because he was literally sitting in the cup. (nose up)

SO you don't think his spine is bent? I could just be saying that because I'm worried about my little boy...
That is the unfortunate reality of shops that sell them in cups. And why I wouldn't support them if they did that here. A shame they are still sold that way. I wouldn't necessarily term it rescue though. Saving is appropriate and it's good he is in a better place.

It may just be the pictures, but in the second pic it doesn't look bent to me. I can't make a full judgement as I can't observe it from all angles and as it moves, but I think he looks great. Hopefully he does well for you.

I didn't see the thread earlier, but the behaviour in the original post just seems to me like a fish that was acclimating and stressed in its new environment. It's normal to worry about the little guys like this, I sometimes find myself wondering how long my old guys have left.

I didn't see the thread earlier, but the behaviour in the original post just seems to me like a fish that was acclimating and stressed in its new environment. It's normal to worry about the little guys like this, I sometimes find myself wondering how long my old guys have left.
Ok, thank you both.

I will keep the light off all today, to reduce stress. I have the air line in there, so its providing more oxygen for him.

He is hiding behind the dragon stone in the tank. Should I remove that for now, so he doesn't get stuck behind there?

I would leave it personally, if he is finding it to be a comfortable place to hide. If there is a place he can get stuck, or you are worried about it, I would move it forward a little bit to give him more room.

Good idea. I moved it a tad forward.

Update: He is moving around more and more active. I have also seen him go up to the surface twice for a breath.

He keeps thinking everything is food, should I try to feed him? Or wait until tomorrow...?

I usually wait a day before feeding new fish. But if they are looking very relaxed and settled in, I will feed them before then.

I usually wait a day before feeding new fish. But if they are looking very relaxed and settled in, I will feed them before then.
Ok, thanks.

Update: He is moving MUCH more. I'm so glad he is settling in!! :wub:

Most reactions

Back