New Betta

PNWAquatic

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just got a new Betta! I bought him on eBay and he arrived yesterday. His fins are a little bit tattered from the journey, but hopefully clean water should heal them right up. He's settled in and is exploring his new home now. I named him Curie. Thanks for looking!
Betta1.JPG
Betta2.JPG
Betta3.JPG
Betta4.JPG

Hes beautiful!

He has settled in nicely. I think his tail is beginning to heal. The big split has almost closed and I'm noticing new fin tissue. Please excuse the new tank diatoms and the slightly melty amazon sword!
Betta5.jpg
Betta6.jpg
Betta8.JPG

Beautiful betta! I really like his colors.

I'm glad he had a safe journey. I'm also glad his fins are healing, just keep up those water changes!

I'm also glad that your water parameters are good. Keep an eye on your ammonia, as an ammonia spike can cause death.

Keep us updated on his fin healing process.

Here he is, all flared out in his tank after a water change. I think he was fighting with his reflection. I'm considering putting a back on the tank because the sides closest to the window grow a nice diatom film. It's easy to wipe off and my nerite takes care of a lot of it but it still may be easier.

Despite the tiny LED stock light, my low light plants seem to be growing. That's probably mostly from the natural sunlight. I've had terrible luck with java moss in the past, so I'm hoping it survives in this tank.
Betta Full Tank.jpg

Most reactions

Back