New betta and controlling filter flow

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Willbacon23

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey guys this is my new betta Sirius in his heated 25G. I have a flu all hang on back and jab epositioned it going into the side to reduce flow as I know bettas aren’t great swimmers. I’ve also now moved my heater to refract some of the wave energy. I’m wondering if by reducing this flow aeration will still be optimal as initially with the filter the lil fella seemed to swim compantlu

Attachments

• 186D0209-8BA6-4880-84BA-7BD25E065A3B.jpeg
    186D0209-8BA6-4880-84BA-7BD25E065A3B.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 6E50DACB-DE27-418E-8234-663B882246EA.jpeg
    6E50DACB-DE27-418E-8234-663B882246EA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
A 25g tank for a betta? That’s awesome!

Yes, the filter will still be at its optimal working capacity.

If you are having second thoughts, put panty hose over the intake. This will prevent one of two things. 1(Your bettas fins from getting stuck in there, 2(It will reduce the output of the filter.

I
A 25g tank for a betta? That’s awesome!

Yes, the filter will still be at its optimal working capacity.

If you are having second thoughts, put panty hose over the intake. This will prevent one of two things. 1(Your bettas fins from getting stuck in there, 2(It will reduce the output of the filter.
I know he is living in luxury, getting a wide variety of amazon swords for him to rest on as well. Perfect I think I will do that. He’s already getting used to the tank and is so far leaving the shrimp alone ( he’s going up to see them but not bumping or biting them.) he’s a beautiful thing and it feels nice having him in such a huge aquarium.

I

I know he is living in luxury, getting a wide variety of amazon swords for him to rest on as well. Perfect I think I will do that. He’s already getting used to the tank and is so far leaving the shrimp alone ( he’s going up to see them but not bumping or biting them.) he’s a beautiful thing and it feels nice having him in such a huge aquarium.
I would love to see my betta in that big of a tank.

My old betta used to leave shrimp alone. It varies from betta to betta.

Yes, definitely. Is the filter good now?
It does seem very gentle now and is cornered away from the betta. He’s getting used to it as well so knows it’s a harder swim other there. He’s now chilling on the plants wnendriftwood in the other side! He’s got so much space he seems very happy

Most reactions

Back