New Babies -- Born 1/13/06

Mugen

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well the spawn went off without a hitch. Mugen took care of the babies and all is well. He did end up eating a few, but all and all I still count around 32 free swimmers. Took him out on Sunday night and started feeding them brine shrimp. Here is a picture of one, just for kicks.

babies2.jpg

Is that a picture of the father that you use as your avatar? What does the mother look like?

I'm just a curious one, ain't I? :)

Wow...what color is that? She looks sort of yellow, but is that irrodescence I see on her fins? From this picture, she seems to be a somewhat unusual color. :)

Did you plan this spawn for a specific result? Or just to see what you would get?

Sorry. I know I ask a lot of questions.

:D

To be honest, I just really wanted to try breeding some fish. No real thought out results. Lol! I can't tell if she has some Delta in her or not.. her fin is somewhat irregular from what you'd normally see from a veiltail, but only time will tell. The colors were planned.. just because there are trace amounts of red on her tail, which made me curious. Her fins are all -extremely- iridescent.. I will get a shot with a better camera someday.. she's just lovely <3

I will be really interested to see what colors you get. That just looks like a really interesting pair to breed. :D

FYI veiltail females don't have anything beyond secondary branching in the caudal, so if she has more than that she is likely a standard st. Veiltails are dominant so you will likely find alot of fry with them as they grow if she is one. Lovely fish too.

:D thanks.. I actually was going to ask, I'm having some trouble determining if she's a veiltail. Mostly because I'm not really sure what secondary caudal branching is x.x I am silly, I know. Her tail isn't really lopsided like you would find in a veiltail.. her body type also seems awfully narrow.

... I'm not really sure what secondary caudal branching is ...

Look at her tail fin. You will see a number of rays steming from the base. As the fin develops, these rays form a 'Y'...that is primary branching. Where they seem to split again is the secondary branching...and on and on.

:D

:D I tool a picture... I only see secondary branching, if I'm thinking about things right. Sorry if it's sort of blurry x_x

DSC00577.jpg

*~afternote: I noticed that she does, indeed have caudal splits resembling a Plakat :D Yay for me. That might mean she is a mix of something.

Most reactions

Back