New Aps, Disappointed :(

Just pump the hell out of it till water comes out the output then turn it on....

Then shake the hell out of it till the airs gone

The reason I went with the 1000 was according to the website, it's suitable for upto 400 litres. The filter I had was only upto 200 litres so it was at max. on my tank.

It seems fine now, flow isn't the best I will probably just end up tanking the spray bar off it. It's quieter than the Fluval one I was running.

I bought the same filter and felt the same as you with regards to the flow. I documented it well on here, you should have searched here a little more. ;)

I found it a decent filter though, the build was ok and mine primed straight away. The flow is shocking though.

I had the 1000 LPH one on my 270l I put up with it for 12 months it kept the water quality really good but the flow was awful. I've upgraded to the 2000 LPH and it's alot better. APS do advise you fill the canister first and then prime which I did and had no problems at all

i dont use the spraybar on my 2000 as well , flow is brilliant and keeps the water nice and clean :good:

I've been running the tank with a Fluval 205 for a while now, but I've never been happy with the flow always thinking it could be better.

After doing a bit of digging about, I found out the Fluval is for upto 200 litres which is what my tank is.

I decided after a lot of deliberation, to get an APS 1000EF, all the reviews seemed good from what I read.

Well, it came today and I've been on ages setting it up, it was a nightmare to get started! The pump on the top is useless it does virtually nowt, it was only bringing a trickle down the tube and not enough to start a siphon. I ended up filling the filter up with a jug, then filling the hose to the inlet up as well. It finally started working, it's quiet enough but the flow is rubbish! I thought it would be loads better than the Fluval but I'm not sure if it's as good never mind better.

At the minute I'm totally disillusioned after spending hours and sweating like a pig for what seems like no improvement at all! :angry: :sad:
you should have gone for the 2000 much better, I went for the 1400 with UV for a 100 litre tank that has good flow, you could try and blag it with APS and say you have measured the flow and the product has been sold as not as described, they may exchange it for the bigger one, good Luck!

Well, it came today and I've been on ages setting it up, it was a nightmare to get started! The pump on the top is useless it does virtually nowt, it was only bringing a trickle down the tube and not enough to start a siphon. I ended up filling the filter up with a jug, then filling the hose to the inlet up as well.................

At the minute I'm totally disillusioned after spending hours and sweating like a pig for what seems like no improvement at all! :angry: :sad:

Nice to know I am not the only one who had fun and games with an APS filter - went through the same thing as you - and I bought the next one up, the 1400EF.

David

Anyone got any ideas how long it will take for the new media to become established so I can remove the old media from the new filter?

Unless you need the old media, just leave it in there, it'll provide extra filtration. If needed, 2 weeks is a good bet.

Most reactions

Back