New Additions - Labidochromis Caeruleus Nkhata

elisew

I don`t count sheep to get to sleep, I count fish
Reaction score
I went to Portsmouth yesterday with hubby to pick up some new fish from a 'local' seller and I came home with 7 of these lovely little fish........Labidochromis caeruleus Nkhata, the white variation of yellow labs :D :D :D :D

IMG_2901.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

IMG_2900.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

Oh wow, are they simply the same as Yellow Labs, just white. Reason i ask is if so i guess theres a possibility they can breed and create a cross between the colours, maybe?

Seen these on the other forum :drool:

Malawi tank soon methinks :good:

Cheers, Sean

Oh wow, are they simply the same as Yellow Labs, just white. Reason i ask is if so i guess theres a possibility they can breed and create a cross between the colours, maybe?

Yes just a different variation. They became quite rare in the hobby for a few years and still aren`t 'widely available'. The White ones were discovered much earlier than the yellow ones, hence 'Caeruleus' meaning blue in latin. The white ones have a blue hue to their colouring :good:

They probably will cross breed with the yellows. The guy I got the whites from had some crossed fry and they were really pretty, a very pastel yellow colour but I resisted those ones :lol:

Seen these on the other forum :drool:

Malawi tank soon methinks :good:

Cheers, Sean

You know you want to :lol: :lol: :nod: :nod: ;)

I went to Portsmouth yesterday with hubby to pick up some new fish from a 'local' seller and I came home with 7 of these lovely little fish........Labidochromis caeruleus Nkhata, the white variation of yellow labs :D :D :D :D

IMG_2901.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

IMG_2900.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

Gorgeous wee fish. One of my LFS's has 4 of these a customer returned and they also look fabulous. Mind me asking how much they go for in the UK Elise as over here he wants 6 quid a fish.

At £6 per fish I`d snatch his hand off Jinkz. Apparently one website here is asking for £16 per fish + P&P!! :hyper:

Do be careful what other fish you put them with though because the labs are very sociable fish and should really go into a 'friendly' setup :good:

At £6 per fish I`d snatch his hand off Jinkz. Apparently one website here is asking for £16 per fish + P&P!! :hyper:

Do be careful what other fish you put them with though because the labs are very sociable fish and should really go into a 'friendly' setup :good:

Won't be buying them for myself Elise, my hands are full with the Tangs fry but they are a lovely fish, no doubt.

Reason they'll be cheaper is due to the amount of commercial breeders over here who mainly breed for export.

Most reactions

Back