New addition to the family...

S

smb

I'm excited! Just found out that I'm going to get my puppy 3 days earlier than I thought maybe. It might be here later tonight around 9 or 10pm. :thumbs:

It's a 7 week old male American Pit Bull. All black with some white on his chest.

I already have one dog that's 3. A female Australian Kelpie/German Shephard mix. I hope they get along ok. My dog now, Sadie, is very nice so it should work out ok.

I'm jealous - we're not allowed dogs in the block where I live. I'm sure that they will get along just fine - post a pici as soon as you can. :)

Thanks gadazobe. :)

That's too bad you can't have them where you live. Hopefully soon you'll rectify that tho. I don't think I could live w/o dogs. lol

I don't have a digicam but I'll get one at work on Monday and take some pics and post them Monday night.

That is, if he does come tonight like planned. He's being driven up from Cincy to me.

I feel like a kid at X-Mas!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Congrats SMB, you are very lucky. I was thinking if Sadie is as sweet as you say, she may make the new puppy hers. I have had female dogs take the new puppy under thier wing so to speek and act like they are their puppy. Very cute. I am sure that since the new puppy is so young, you wont have any trouble, just make sure you give Sadie extra love for being such a good girl. Good luck and we want pics. Sandy

Thank you and great advice, sandyd!

Yea, Sadie is so attached to me.

If I even go to the bathroom she has to watch and wait for me the whole time and if my girlfriend (that Sadie grew up with) tries to pet her she growls and shows her teeth at her. Sadie is very attached to me, as I am her.

Dogs, to me, are the most important things in my life so if you have any more good advice let me know. I really want to make this work.

Sadie is a sweet girl, but like you said, I just have to make sure to give her extra love for letting me pet another dog and show him attention for a while.

Smb,
If Sadie is that attached to you, you may have alot of jealousy problems. I hope it all goes well for you, as i also think dogs are great. I have always loved all animals, which i think we all should. Let us know how it all goes. Sandy

I'm thinking the same thing about the jealousy, sandyd.

I'm going to spend a lot of time with them and making sure Sadie has fun and hoping it goes well. I think it should be ok since he's only 7 weeks. Sadie really is a sweet dog and listens very well so I think after a month or so she'll like to have a little buddy to play with.

I didn't get my puppy last night. About 15 minutes from our house my friends sister got rear ended on the highway and she had to go in the hospital. The Mom and my puppy are at another friends of his a few minutes away from us and he told me he had to go get them after he came back from the hospital and he'd bring him to me. (He lives next door)

He said I could go get him, but there's no way in heck I'm going to try and take a mothers baby away from her! I think I'll wait. lol

His sister is ok from what he told me but she's hurting really bad and will be in there a while. The Mommy dog has a bad limp now and she's going to go to the vet tomorrow as a precaution, but my puppy was in a cage and he says he's fine.

I'll let you know when I get him today tho.

Wow sounds like alot was going on, hope everyone will be ok. Glad the pup was in a carrier cage and not loose in there. I dont blame you for not wanting to go get the puppy from the mom, i would not want to either. LOL Good luck and waiting for pics and how things are going. Sandy

Hope everything works out.. I'm glad to know someone else on the forum will be joining me in the joys of housetraining :hyper: :lol: At just over a week we are doing pretty good so far... Pics pics & more pics lol We can trade training stories lol

Well, I'm not getting him now. His sister sold the male and brought a female up instead. I don't know why he didn't tell me because I told him I didn't want another female.

Talk about being bummed out! :(

Oh well, there's plenty more out there. Someday...

I'm glad to know someone else on the forum will be joining me in the joys of housetraining

I got lucky with Sadie, it only took me one hour to train her and I got her at 6 weeks. I just told her No once when she started to pee and took her outside and that was it. She's never chewed anything either and she's had the run of the house after a month of me having her. I got so lucky that I am spoiled now. lol

Here's a couple pics of my baby girl....

sadie.jpg

sadieIII.jpg

Awww, I'm sorry about not being able to get the pup :/ That sucks! Some people are like that though, kinda shady.... I've had so many experiences with breeders that have promised me 1 thing & shown me another :angry:

Sadie is adorable!

Smb,
Sorry to hear that you are not getting that pup, that really is sad. Sadie is too cute. She looks like she is very happy and looks very playful. Bet she is alot of fun to have around the house.

I was wondering if you have checked around for a different pup? I am sure there are animal shelters there, and they all need love too. Pits are hard to get addopted, but very popular dogs. I know contradiction, but true. Most people dont think to check the local shelters or even call around to some vets in your area, they may have some that got left there. My sister works at a vet hospital and you would be amazed at how many people bring their animals there and just "forget" to come back for them. :-(

Its worth a try, i think. Good luck and kisses to Sadie the spoiled little girl. Sandy

Thank you wuvmybetta, BeautifulGoodbye and sandyd. I really appreciate it. :)

Some people are like that though, kinda shady.... I've had so many experiences with breeders that have promised me 1 thing & shown me another
Oh ya! I can't even tell you how po'ed I was. I was polite to him but I let him know I was upset about getting my hopes up for 2 weeks and then pulling this crap on me at the last minute. :grr:

I am sure there are animal shelters there, and they all need love too. Pits are hard to get addopted, but very popular dogs. I know contradiction, but true.

No, you are exactly right and that made perfect sense. I have called a few shelters in the last few months, but they didn't have any. I don't think they keep them around too long to tell you the truth. With the misinfo with the media and the stigma that they are so unjustly accused of. But you are exactly right about getting a dog there tho. I've heard amazing stories about dogs from shelters doing amazing things for their owner. It's almost as if they knew how lucky they were for the second chance.

Sadie is too cute. She looks like she is very happy and looks very playful. Bet she is alot of fun to have around the house.

Yea. she is. I love that girl with all my heart. Even tho she's 95#'s she still thinks she's a lapdog!!! She comes up to my chair and rests her chin on the arm and after a few minutes if I don't pay attention to her, she'll put her nose under my arm and flip my arm way up in the air, to let me know she wants to come up here. Well, of course I act all cool and say "oh ok c'mere girl" but I wouldn't have it any other way. :D She falls asleep on my lap with her head on my chest or shoulder. I can't even explain how good that feels and how happy that makes me.

OK, enough of the sappy stuff. Don't get me going when it comes to animals. Guys might read this thread so I have to act a little tough. :D

Thank you so much for the kind words you guys.

Smb, wish i could help you, but everyone that i know that has pits are in NY. Orange county down by the bottom of the state, but that is as close as i can get to around you. LOL I could ask around there and see if the rest of my family know anyone closer to you though. I do have 6 sisters and many extended families. :lol: Dad is on wife 6 now i think :eek: :D :rolleyes:
If i were you, i would keep my eyes open in the papers and such to see what is out there. Also, you could go down to the pound or a vet office and put a note on their postit board that you want one, never know what you might find. Hope you find one soon and i will check around and see if i know anyone near you with some. I know alot of breeders in NY. I will let you know if i locate one for you. Sandy

Most reactions

Back