New 95 Litre Tropical Tank Help!

The Hengel Rasboras (with the upside-down "Nike" sign) are smaller then Harlequins, but they are beautiful tight-schooling fish and would be great to get in a group of ~15.

The Rummynose are another tight-schooler, like "pest control" already stated, which would also look great in a group of ~10.

Now whether you can have these 25 and then have six Cherry Barb and six Leopard Danios along with six Corys in a 95l, hmm... That might be pushing it, even with exceptional filtration and regular big water changes.

Edit:Maybe you need to choose three from the Hengels; Rummynose; Cherry (to go with Corys and Leopards)... Unless you find a new home for your two Leopard Danios, which otherwise really need some more companions.
good.gif

hi, it isn't a good idea to get the shark, as they are aggressive and you'd regret buying it when it started going for your fish.

the copper harlequins aren't the same as normal harlequins. normal harlequins are Trigonostigma heteromorpha and copper harlequins are Trigonostigma hengeli.

google image Trigonostigma hengeli, then Trigonostigma heteromorpha. the third and fourth pics for the copper harlequins are good pics, and the third pic of the normal harlequins is good. (some people have misnamed them in some of the other pics).

as for your stocking, do you have sand as the substrate? as corys need sand. if you do have sand then i'd get about 8 panda corys or Corydoras trilineatus (often misnamed julii). there are other species obviously, but these are my personal favourites. which do you prefer?

i'd also up the number of danios to about 10, as they prefer to be in bigger groups. then there'd be some room for another group of shoaling fish if you want, or possibly a pair of bn's?

are there any other fish you like? you could get a pair of a gourami species?

pest control: it is the copper ones i was looking at with no colour on the fins.

i dont have sand i have some small gravel and larger gravel but shop said this would be ok?

I love the panda cory's so would get these over any others and i would rather keep to smaller fish, the bigger fish i dont find as pretty tbh! and also biiiiiiig fish freak me out haha!!!!

Nobodyofthegoat: I can put the danios in my other coldwater tank with my goldfish that i have. Does this mean all the rest would be ok?

I am having a hard time, so many places are saying the stocking level is fine and i can have more in the tank with the selection i wanted. I have looked online at different places and asked in shops! everyone seems to have a different opinion.

If i had 6-8 of each could i have all of them plus few more danios? isnt 6 the minimum really for shoaling?

I really really wanted the shark as the look really awesome!!!

Also what are BN's???? Im totaly stupid :)

hi, bn's are bristlenose catfish. there are lots of different varieties. :good:

This is where the long and hard think of what is your "must have fish" is paramount... If you desperately want a beautiful but aggressive Red Tail Shark, your whole stocking plan has to be centred around it, which means you need to stick to semi-aggressive fish ;)

Most reactions

Back