New 6ft x 2ft x 2ft tank

very nice, it looks home made, not in a bad way im jsut pointing out to the person who asked, i think he made it! very very nice tank, totm, if it ever happends :angry:

Thanks all for your feedback.

Tank and stand were purchased second hand. They were about 8 months old.
Tank was pro made. 12mm glass all around. (Australian aquariums)
Stand was pro made as well. (not sure from where)
I got the tank and stand for a steal. $650 Australian. The guy i bought it off bought it for $2500 stand, hood and tank.

Have a friend who owns a fish shop. Actually regarded the best one in the state. I buy everything from him, fish,plants,wood,filter and lights.

The front piece of wood the o shape one and the one on the back left that looks like a stag horn were from 2 of their display tanks.

The hoses and power cords under the tank are run so to have no kinks so not done for looks. But not tangled either.

Yeah getting the wood between the braces was a pain.

Not sure how high to raise the water level. The hood doesnt come down very far and i didnt wont the water above the braces. (ANY IDEAS?)

Lighting. At the moment you cant get power compacts in australia. :grr:
I wont plants so need alot of watts per galon.
I'll use 4 pairs of these hagen glow-mat fittings as a start
http://www.hagen.com/uk/aquatic/product.cfm?

CAT=1&SUBCAT=105&PROD_ID=01015740030501

Nice tank! which LFS in melbourne is it? Best one in the state...i'm guessing either Coburg or Boronia?

Yeah you got it in one. Boronia.
I heard Coburg is pretty good im just never in the area to check it out.

I think boronia is awesome. Great staff, good range and they actually like there job.

Coburg is a rip off man, they want close to $800 for a 6ft tank. Aquarium Supermarket in St.Albans sells 8x2x2 for $600.

Coburg is a waste of time if your going for fish, since all they sell are your basic fish, neons, guppies, platies, and oscar if your lucky...but they have a great range of supplies, the great thing about the store is they carry multiple brands, so if your going to go buy a canister filter just say, you can see what nearly everybrand sold in the country has to offer.

For the fish side of thing, Boronia is way better, the best thing about them is the friendly staff :)

And finally, if you want tank, Mentone is the place to go :p my 30 gallon with stand, cost me $34.50! I got my 10 gallon, bare, for $25 another place (Ivanhoe aquarium)

Again, lovley tank :)

In reference to your water line. With my brothers 55 gallon tank we ran a strip of black sticky back plastic round the top of the tank, so we could bring the water level up so we couldn't see it but still away from the braces. Hardly notice it. Worth a try.

Great tank! Oh I will have to try Boronia aquariums...I visited a few fish shops today and the floor staff looked about 12 :(

Most reactions

Back