Neon Walking On Her Tail!

emmzer

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi please help i noticed that my neon was acting weird a couple of hrs ago and popped it into the breding net to get a close up, its a blue neon and normally so bright blue it is unbelieveable but its colour has completly faded and it seems to be seimming on its tail...not really swimming tho more bobbing on its tail pointing straight up, non of my other fish are like this just this 1, done tests and water stats are all normal, getting late so any advise b4 bed?

have cooked some peas and peeled not eating them :/

Is it a neon tetra and does the red stripe look bleached out.
Check for lump that go to a point on the belly area.
Is the fish bloated, and does it stay away from the other tetra in the tank.

What him to answer some question as if it a neon tetra it pointing to swim bladder and ntd.

hi yes to a neon tetra, blue strip looks almost gone, when normally really vibrant, started couple hrs ago, yes it was trying to keep away from other tetras... and wot bump am i looking for and why?
cheers

hi yes to a neon tetra, blue strip looks almost gone, when normally really vibrant, started couple hrs ago, yes it was trying to keep away from other tetras... and wot bump am i looking for and why?
cheers
I had neon tetra and they came down with ntd and they had lump on there bellies that go to a point.
Is the fish bloated, and any signs of a bent spine.

http://freshaquarium.about.com/cs/disease/p/neondisease.htm

red definatly faded...well nearly gone...have checked with the other neons...all the rest have like a continued flow to their body from mouth to tail this 1 kind of has a bump in that line if this maes sense...is jumping like a bunny..

It's pointing towards ntd take a look at the link.

Right remove him from the tank, get a jug of cold water add some ice cubes the colder the better, add him to the water it wil take 20 seconds for him to die, but leave him in the water a while to make sure he has passed on.
He's not right and he's not going to make it.

It's pointing towards ntd take a look at the link.

Right remove him from the tank, get a jug of cold water add some ice cubes the colder the better, add him to the water it wil take 20 seconds for him to die, but leave him in the water a while to make sure he has passed on.
He's not right and he's not going to make it.

thanks sadly i will have to enthinase the fish...cheers for the help

Sorry not nice but he's on his last legs.
Keep an eye on the rest of the fish.
Good luck.

dont understand tho from wot i cangather it comes via live food...my fish only have... flake cucumber and peas for a treat the only time they had live was frozen bloodworm but that was ages and ages ago

hi wielder cheers for such fast answers this is wot i just copied from that link u gave me ...and i am lost lol...

The disease cycle begins when parasitic spores enter the fish after it consumes infected material, such as the bodies of dead fish, or live food such as tubifex, which may serve as intermediate hosts.

i have not lost a fish in this tank b4...well they have died but i have always managed to get "ill" fish out b4 they actually die...and as i said i dont give them live food...if by chance they had this from the pet shop wouldnt it of shown in the 6 months that i have had them...just concerned cos if they have had it since i got them my other fish could be infected??

Fish carry parasites it just takes stress then the parasite do there worst.
Always remove a sick fish from the tank, as pecking at a dead body can transfer desease, even other fish sucking other fish poo can infect fish.
Only way to truly know it ntd it by bagging the dead fish up put in freezer, and take to a vet so they can send if off for tests.

Most reactions

Back