Neon tetras

I think this might be neon tetra disease. Do they have discoloration on the neon tetras if so it's neon tetra disease. Yes, it might sound like I'm making this up but it's real. There's a real disease known as neon tetra disease. Unfortunately, if it is neon tetra disease you are out of luck because so far there's no cure. Along with that it won't hurt any of the other fish though.
Many articles out there about NTD, here's one: https://www.aquariumnexus.com/neon-tetra-disease/
I read a few articles, everything about NTD sounds like my fish but most of my tetras didn’t lose coloration. You think this Could this still be the cause?

Yes, I think this is the cause. I would get the infected fish out immediately so the other ones don't get it too.

WHY HASN'T ANYONE ASKED FOR PICTURES?
Seriously people, post pictures of sick fish. And for everyone else, if people start threads asking for help with sick fish and they haven't provided pictures, ask them for pictures so I can see the fish when I see the thread.

A picture tells a thousand words.

Hello Doctor, I have this thing on my body but you can't see it, your just going to have to guess what it is because I ain't showing you it.

Post some pictures of the fish

I would get an API Master Test Kit and test your ammonia and nitrite with that. Post the readings here. If they are above 0 ppm then I recommend a 80% water change and reduction of feeding. You don't need to worry about nitrates; I personally keep Discus in nitrates of 10-25 ppm and they have spawned as well as keeping Koi in 20-50ppm of nitrate and they too have spawned and have babies.

Please also post a photograph of the fish so we can identify a disease, if any.

Most reactions

Back