neon tetra disease

bubbs said:
Drlife202 said:
On the protozin bottle it says treats neon tetra disease.
Thanks for that info. Should any of my other neons get the disease I will know what to get.
Your welcome, I'm not an expert but I know protozin medicine will cure neon tetra disease it says on the bottle.

Are you sure it was "neon tetra disease" not "false neon tetra disease"? They look same, and they can only separate from each other by microscope."False neon tetra disease" can be transmitted to human too unlike "neon tetra disease" (J. Järvi)

And by the way, there is no medicine for "neon tetra disease", although WaterLife thus argues. Probably I need to send them a mail and ask them, why they say that protozin helps - have they some other studies to show that!?

mrV said:
Are you sure it was "neon tetra disease" not "false neon tetra disease"? They look same, and they can only separate from each other by microscope."False neon tetra disease" can be transmitted to human too unlike "neon tetra disease" (J. Järvi)

And by the way, there is no medicine for "neon tetra disease", although WaterLife thus argues. Probably I need to send them a mail and ask them, why they say that protozin helps - have they some other studies to show that!?
I'm not a liar, on my protozin medicine bottle, it treats a number of things including neon tetra disease.

Who has said that you're a liar??

I sent mail to waterlife and asked them, how can they say that protozin affects on this disease. Waiting their reply.. It is not possible, because sporozoa live in the fish, in muscles (e.g. back muscle). Sure you can treat this disease but the fish is dead before you get kill that sporozoa.

False neon tetra disease is caused by bacteria unlike neon tetra disease. Same symptons, but they can be identified only by microscope.

Once a fish is infected with neon tetra disease it can not be cured, as Mr V says the parasite is buried deep in the muscle where it cannot be harmed by medications. All protozin does is kill the parasite while in its free swimming form before it finds a host, there for the disease is controlable but not treatable. Any infected fish should be destroyed at once to prevent further spread.

Yes thats what I meant guys, Protozin kills the parasite to stop it killing other fish, at list you can stop neon tetra disease.

I got mail from waterlife: Protozin will not cure fish infected with neon tetra disease but can help contain and prevent the spread of the disease to stock that is not already infected.
Regards,
WATERLIFE.

Most reactions

Back