Need To Find A Pure Sand?

GRINYA

Reaction score
Guys need to find pure sand for the bottom,i don't know were to get it?
I was thinking to go to the ocean and get it from there, then you know boil it few times??????
cause in store it looks kind of funny.

Don't get it from the beach. Not only is it illegal but it can be dangerous and contain any number of things in it. Some people have risked it and done okay but that still doesn't change the illegality of it. If you need pure, cheap sand then go with pool filter sand or play sand.

Don't get it from the beach. Not only is it illegal but it can be dangerous and contain any number of things in it. Some people have risked it and done okay but that still doesn't change the illegality of it. If you need pure, cheap sand then go with pool filter sand or play sand.

HMMm i'll try but someone not long ago toled me that play sand is bad??? so i was not sure.

It's not bad. There are some types that may contain chemicals or have been treated somehow but these are almost always listed clearly on the bag and shouldn't be hard to identify. If you're still afraid of play sand, pool filter sand has nothing in it, no treatments of any kind so should be safe.

It's not bad. There are some types that may contain chemicals or have been treated somehow but these are almost always listed clearly on the bag and shouldn't be hard to identify. If you're still afraid of play sand, pool filter sand has nothing in it, no treatments of any kind so should be safe.

Thank you.

Get some sand from swimming pool filter manufacturers. This is great stuff. can get it in different grades to suit.

yes in some places I believe im not to sure why though

Simple answer is it contributes to the already bad problem of beach erosion. Sure, one or two people taking a handful of sand won't hurt, but if everyone did it....

yes in some places I believe im not to sure why though

Simple answer is it contributes to the already bad problem of beach erosion. Sure, one or two people taking a handful of sand won't hurt, but if everyone did it....

Yeah, but who's gonna take sand from a beach other than those crazy fish guys?

Souvenir takers, people wanting it for decorating their front yard or other forms of decorating, cat litter, there are dozens of reasons people would take it.

silver sand is very good you can get it from any nursery it is about £3.50p per bag. or children's play sand is very good but is more expensive

silver sand is very good you can get it from any nursery it is about £3.50p per bag. or children's play sand is very good but is more expensive

Just to let you all know.

Silver Sand (Also known as dry sand) and play sand are the same thing.

They are both MS55 grade.
Play sand is the moist version and Silver is the dry version.

I buy the stuff at work (William Sinclair - J Arthur Bowers) and then you lot buy it, in various rebagged forms.

don't know why they sell for a different price cos I buy them at the same price. :good:

I used play sand from argos have had no problems at all with it, just make sure u rinse it well first and dont make the substrate too deep.

Most reactions

Back