Need Somewhere To Put This Or I Cant Get It

shelaghfishface

the one and only
Reaction score
5x2x2 tank, it comes without stand and i dont have anything to put it on,if i can find anything i can get it and possibly keep buddie too :hyper:

any temporary measures i can go with? ie breeze blocks etc, oh i dunno anything about this sort of thing, but would love to keep him as you all know they were fighting like mad,so he advertised all over the place needing a new home ( no takers yet)
the guy is asking £70 for the tank and hood, what do you think of that?? ( no lights etc) i can knock him down :shifty: as i have noticed its been for sale for quite a while now,and hes desperate for the space back(so he says)

please rattle your brains, i would love to keep the boyz :)

shelagh xxxxxxxxx

well if you can operate a hammer or power driver, you could pretty easily DIY a stand. It really isnt hard, just need to cut the wood to length and make sure you build it so its braced to hold the weight. I think there are plenty of DIY threads or maybe a main one in the Hardware section.

If DIY aint your thing, you gotta be able to find a stand at a pet store. Most big box stores sell atleast one or two large tank sizes and maybe you'll get lucky and find a stand that fits. If not, ask them if they will special order something for you. Im sure for a price they would do it, or if the big box stores dont want to, maybe you have a local shop that would be happy to do soe for you?

Ox :good:

Or if you have friends that are handy w/DIY maybe you could pay them for their time and manpower to make you one??

thanks guys, i have to think of something, im a woman on a mission.. now i know its there. i wont be able to make it. but i think i know a man that might, just need to find his number and convince him that its dead iimportant :):)

shelagh xxxx

thanks guys, i have to think of something, im a woman on a mission.. now i know its there. i wont be able to make it. but i think i know a man that might, just need to find his number and convince him that its dead iimportant :):)

shelagh xxxx

B & Q will cut wood to size for you, (depending on your local store) pop in with the dimensions and ask for their advice. I did the same thing for my stand, just add nails or screws then. If its going somewhere presentable, you can get the wood and either coat it in grey undercoat and spray on granite effect (£8/spray can) or get the stick on plastic beech effect veneer or similar. As someone completely inept at DIY, if I can manage it anyone can.

Don't know if thats any help to you.

Most reactions

Back