Need Some Red Belly Piranha Meds

sryan0609

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hey one of my red belly piranhas get in a little scuffle with another and had a decent bite taken out of his stomach, he swims fine and eats well but im worried about infection.

anybody know where i can get meds? what kind? how much are they?

please help
thanks

hey one of my red belly piranhas get in a little scuffle with another and had a decent bite taken out of his stomach, he swims fine and eats well but im worried about infection.

please help
thanks

if its a wound then the best treatment is clean water, simply keep your nitrites and ammonia level at 0 and your nitrate level below 10 and it should quickly heal, provided it isn't harassed or attacked by the other piranhas which in fairness may well happen

please help
thanks

if its a wound then the best treatment is clean water, simply keep your nitrites and ammonia level at 0 and your nitrate level below 10 and it should quickly heal, provided it isn't harassed or attacked by the other piranhas which in fairness may well happen

it is pretty comon for most carnivorus fish to pick on the weak, even wolves and lions do it. so your pirahnas best bet of survival is to be in a separate tank if possible.

please help
thanks

ok well he hasn't been attacked yet and it has been about 2 weeks or so, and looks to be healing quick

thanks

Most reactions

Back