need some information

OscarLover1

Reaction score
i own 2 red tiger oscars Buddy is 4inches Hun is 3inches and a salmontail catfish Felix is 4inches. i have them in a 70gallon tank at the moment will be laybying an 179gallon tank and once i have it and have my oscars and catfish in that one i want to use this 70gallon tank for 4 bristlenose catfish 3 females 1 male and was wondering if 2 callinos,2 electric yellows,and 2 electric blues would work if not could you please tell me what colourfull fish would go with bristlenose catfishes. thanks everyone

im not sure about the fish to help you with but i know that this is the wrong section and i know you'll get more help in the African Cichlid section :nod:

DD

most africans will work with bristlenose, you could try a pictus also i have a pictus with my red zebra,kenyi 6 labs and 2 fronts

im not real sure on pictus and bristlenose getting along id say yes...some others might have diff things to add

pictus.jpg

pictus2.jpg

ok i read up on the pictus catfish it said they grow to 5inches and so does the bristlenose catfish the bristlenose catfish are bottom feeders they controll the algae and will also eat vegies. what does the pictus catfish eat do you know.

mine i hardly see eat he gets left overs but also they eat pellets and mine eats live shrimp every saturday when i dump 2 dozen in the tank

ok thats werid i'm just doing some research on them and i came across a site that says they grow 10inches do you know how big they grow cause i'm confused i have came across 4 sites that say they grow to 5inches and 1 says they grow 10inches long.

i heard 5-6" from alot of good sources, mine is 5"

and he seems liek he is fully grown

well i'm now wondering if i can put 4 bristlenose catfish 1 male 2 females 2 pictus catfish and 2 red breasted flag cichlid would that work.

Most reactions

Back