Need Help With Pc

i keep getting this
windows carnt find 'Toy.exe' pls help

Rob

You have programe that uses this exe file...

Do you use a mp3 player on your pc?
Or do you use a desktop icon tool called toy?

you need to find the programe that used this exe file and re install it or delete the programe.

Go to start menu, select search, select all files and folders, type in toy in the search bar, and try to find a programe that is related..

This will be the programe you need to reinstall...

Or the easiest way is to do a system restore to the day it was working fine, (or a date close enough)

Sounds like a virus to me. Either a you had a virus that was on there and the file got removed but not the registry entries or you have a virus on there which is trying to a program which isnt there.

Boot the PC into safe mode (press F8 before the windows boot screen and select safe mode).
Run a virus scan with a decent, up to date, virus scanner.
Assuming it comes back clear press the Start button and go to RUN

Could be a legit program which is trying to launch an application which has been uninstalled but is not likely. is the message coming up when you start windows?

maybe someone accidentally deleted the program called toy. However if you don't have a program called toy on the computer then it could well be a virus that has come in from a corrupt email.

Sounds like a virus to me. Either a you had a virus that was on there and the file got removed but not the registry entries or you have a virus on there which is trying to a program which isnt there.

Boot the PC into safe mode (press F8 before the windows boot screen and select safe mode).

Could be a legit program which is trying to launch an application which has been uninstalled but is not likely. is the message coming up when you start windows?

no it only comes up when i try to use the kids mp3 players

Rob

no it only comes up when i try to use the kids mp3 players

Rob
It sounds like possibly the kids have downloaded an mp3 off the net and put it on their mp3 player but the "song" is actually a .exe file (most prob a virus) look through their mp3 players hardrive.

i never found anything but.....................

i did get a trjon that ate my reg
so i lost everything :(

Most reactions

Back