Need help with my aquarium stand

Supertoast

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm building a stand out of 2x4s for my 75 gallon and I ran into a small issue. I did a test fit and in one corner and one corner only, the tank doesn't fully touch down onto my stand. the gap tapers off and the stand is fully resting everywhere else. The sizing of the boards or my alignment must have been a tiny bit off. The gap in the pictures isn't even one millimeter. There's a small cat hair stuck to the plastic rim in the first picture to give an idea of how small the gap is. I'm just not sure if that's enough to stress the tank once its full.. Is there a way to level it out without disassembling the stand, besides sanding it and praying that I sand it level? Thanks for any ideas ya'll!!

Attachments

• Corner.jpg
    Corner.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Long ways.jpg
    Long ways.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
That's what the mats you put under aquariums are for, to even out any small irregularities any to prevent any sharp debris shattering the tank.

Use high density polystyrene under the tank about 12mm when the tank sits down it should level it's self out

Put some cardboard or paper under the gap and a sheet of 1 inch thick polystyrene foam under the tank. You should be right then.

Most reactions

Back