Need Help With Filter

Fish12345

Reaction score
Hi
I just wanted to ask if any of you guys no a good filter for about 10 to 30 pounds that does not take cartridges that need to be replaced

By the way I now this is the livebearer section but this is were I normally go

Looking at your profile you have a 60 litre tank, so most small filters will be fine.

Personally, I don't replace most cartridges, I'd be interested to know what filter you're running, as it may be that it can be customised to take normal media, or simply doesn't need the replacements, as they're often labelled like that to sell more parts to people who read the packages.

Oh, and I agree, this belongs in Tropical Discussion, so it's moved now.

I got my filter from my tank witch was the marina 60
it has places for three separate cartridges if it helps

by the way I planning to turn that tank in to a nano reef

HI 
I had a marina 160 with 2 of the filters which came with tank, the same as yours and had so many problems with these as you have to change the cartridges regulary , I gave up in the end and bought another filter . Never looked back . I found the  cartridges have to be change, or was just not cleaning properly .
cathy

AquaClear by Hagen. Run them with two sponges with a layer of filter floss between them. Change out the floss every week or two based on it clogging.

when you found that you didn't want your old filter then whitch did you get next
bikerfish said:
HI 
I had a marina 160 with 2 of the filters which came with tank, the same as yours and had so many problems with these as you have to change the cartridges regulary , I gave up in the end and bought another filter . Never looked back . I found the  cartridges have to be change, or was just not cleaning properly .
cathy
thanks
but could you leave a link were I could bye it because I couldn't find it on ebay
TwoTankAmin said:
AquaClear by Hagen. Run them with two sponges with a layer of filter floss between them. Change out the floss every week or two based on it clogging.

Most reactions

Back