Need feedback on this 120-gallon tank

The Aquarium Home

Reaction score
Hey guys! I've rescaped this tank once a year since I bought it in 2020, not because of anything major, just cause I can't seem to find a look that brings the whole living space together. I've added a picture of what it looks like right now. It's stocked with black and regular neon tetras and a handful of female golden dwarf cichlids.

I'm redoing the whole thing again and would like all your feedback for what I have planned.

I'll be giving the fish back to the local fish store that I bought them from, tearing down all the hardscape and replacing it with new stumps and roots from the woods around my house (that's where I got the current ones), and keeping all of the plants.

I'm using a Fluval FX4 right now but hate the look and performance of it, so I'm putting it on FB market place and buying two UNS Delta 120 filters.

I'm planting mostly epiphytic plants and some crypt species.

For stocking I want to keep Asian species since I've really only kept south american fish. This is what I'm thinking:
  • Celestial pearl danios
  • Kuhli loaches
  • Sparkling gouramis
  • Chili rasboras and/or harlequin rasboras
  • Dwarf chain loach
  • Amano and cherry shrimp
The water chemistry from the well is perfect, I'll just have to raise the hardness a little bit for the shrimp.

Based on my research, these fish should all get along, but I don't have any experience with them. I've heard the celestial pearl danios like slow-moving water but how "slow" do they mean?

I have a heater so I can keep them at the temperatures they need.

Love to hear what you guys think, sorry for such a long post.

Water Plant Organism Fish supply Aquatic plant

Most reactions

Back