nasty gourami

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jvis0606

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have two new powder blue gourami that are beautiful but i have noticed sometimes they fight pretty badly, this morning the one "sucked" off a couple of the others pretty scales! what is that!

Actually male dwarf gouramis can be pretty darned mean, I never suggest keeping them together unless they're in a very large tank. I found this out for myself, and eventually had to seperate them. You might try rearranging the tank so they have to discover new "territories", but this will only work for so long. If possible, remove one of them.

I had two male dwarf gourami's together in a 29g and they were total scrappers. I just separated them a day or two ago and they look less ragged already!

well that stinks, females are hard to find, and i dont have anywhere to separate them too! guess i will see how it goes for a little while longer. is 1 ok to keep?

jvis0606 said:
well that stinks, females are hard to find, and i dont have anywhere to separate them too! guess i will see how it goes for a little while longer. is 1 ok to keep?
Yes, 1 is ok to keep.

Females are impossible to find for me too. I've heard that breeders won't make them available.

You could try to give one of them (the more aggressive of the 2) a fish "timeout". :lol:

Buy a breeder net like this one.

I've heard of it working for some people, although it didn't work for me. :/

I've heard they do fine on their own and both of my buddies seem to be doing ok in their separate tanks as well. I'd rather keep two of the same species together too but what can you do.

Most reactions

Back