Nasty Female

Better is Betta

Fishaholic
Reaction score
You think the guys are bad tempered and vicious.....Look what a female did to my poor half moon.
bevs_p15.jpg

This was him before he had dealings with the white female
img_2110.jpg

This him now......Luckily he is on the mend and he hasn't died from his injuries like one of my crown tails did. They are separated by a clear partition. Even though he was beaten up by her he still shows a lot of interest in her...tough love maybe :lol: :lol:

Bettas can be very nasty to eachother! You need one tank each... That is what I always do for mine because I hate to have injured fish or ill fish!

Bettas can be very nasty to eachother! You need one tank each... That is what I always do for mine because I hate to have injured fish or ill fish!
I paired these two off to breed but it didn't work out the good old way. Instead of him chasing her, she chased him. :X

your breeding them with gravel in the tank?

it might just be the angle of the picture but in the 1st pic it looks like the 'female' has a beard :crazy:

it might just be the angle of the picture but in the 1st pic it looks like the 'female' has a beard :crazy:
Ha ha I didn't notice that, she does look like she has a beard :/ must be the angle of the dangle when I took the pic. Yep I've bred them with the gravel in the tank. I've bred quite a few with the gravel in the tank. I know its not the norm but I seem to have plenty of eggs in the nest after they have mated....they seem to know where to find them.

I see what you mean about the beardy look, but that is the pectoral fin from the side facing away. Based on the anal fin shape and body structure from the first pic Im fairly certain that opaque one is female. Sorry she was uncooperative. He should heal up nicely enough.
cheers

I see what you mean about the beardy look, but that is the pectoral fin from the side facing away. Based on the anal fin shape and body structure from the first pic Im fairly certain that opaque one is female. Sorry she was uncooperative. He should heal up nicely enough.
cheers
Yes just the angle shot and yes he is healing up quite well you can see in the pic the clear areas of his fins that are the beginnings of new growth. He's a tough little sausage. :lol: Do you know why a female turns on a male? He mustn't be what she wants or he shows weakness maybe :/

and with a knockout tail flick, the opposition is finally defeated and mr bettta ali can finally enjoy a budwieser while chatting up a girl...

Most reactions

Back