Nano'ish Tank In Progress

Halfsleeve

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi All Here is my setup so far

Tank Evasion 50 50l*50w*60h cm 150ltrs
2*14W T8's + reflectors
2*36W T5 Power compacts (daylight blue/ daylight plus tubes)
1*900lph powerhead
1*2400lph powerhead SeioM620

Added Live Rock yesterday, but have the dreaded Aiptasia GUTTED :-(

Attachments

• reef1c_200.jpg
    reef1c_200.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 60
  • reef1_173.jpg
    reef1_173.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 59
If its just one, inject it with vinegar, Kalkwasser mix if youve got it, or buy some Joes Juice. You could also cover it with putty.

Tank is lookin fine! :D

If its just one, inject it with vinegar, Kalkwasser mix if youve got it, or buy some Joes Juice. You could also cover it with putty.

Tank is lookin fine! :D

1 if only now counted about 7, my Joes Juice arrived today so will start trying to get rid of the pesky things tonight.

Been zapping with Joes Juice, nearly all gone, test kit came today.
water params are as follows

ph 8.2 to 8.4
nitrite 0
ammonia 0
nitrate 0 to 0.25 scale

I know the live rock was in excellent condition but its only been in the tank 4 days at this rate clean up crew in by next weekend :).

you have some beautiful rock how long has it been in your tank... and where did ya get it.. ehe

you have some beautiful rock how long has it been in your tank... and where did ya get it.. ehe

Rock had been in 4 days, got some Xenia on it and have discovered some more coral (sorry don't know what type yet) towards the back, also some critter that was squirting out white fluid?, again will attempt more piccys later, rock was from my LFS i wont post a name if ya really want to know I can pm you, it was in great condition smelt really seaside/salty no egg smell etc, i think I have missed the cycle process as the test kit only turned up yesterday, so I wont rush in just yet just in case.

Little update

Attachments

• tank_whole.jpg
    tank_whole.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 54
  • closer.jpg
    closer.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 62
Wow that is an brilliant tank, that's exactly what im working towards, thanks for the inspiration.

tank i got a deal from my lfs £200 but to add all the rest up, i wont otherwise i wouldn't decide to go marines again.

Most reactions

Back